1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

www.bestcameras.co.uk

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Emm, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Emm

Emm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Anyone here used this company?

Any good?

2. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    They've been around for over 20 years, and have a shop too. Pricerunner has 12 reviews of them, mostly good.

3. mighty_boosh

mighty_boosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, they are pretty good.

4. Shakey21

Shakey21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I placed an order with them about three weeks ago and after receiving confirmation I go tanother email which dais we have cancelled you order for the above item - no explanation that was it - the whole email had about 12 words in it.

I emailed to ask what the problem was and they didn't respond. I placed the order with ajpurdy.co.uk a few £ more expensive but the item was delivered rwo days later by special delivery - excellent service.

I wouldn't now use bestcameras.

5. rcmarple

rcmarple
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Sigma 18-125 zoom for my 300D from them last year. Price was good, they had it in stock and it arrived next day - BUT, they shipped me the Nikon mount instead. When I called them, they were very apologetic and I actually popped over to their retail shop in St Helens to swap (just a short ride down the M62 for me).

I'd buy from them again.

6. Twisted

Twisted
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi.

Although it's been a while since the last post i thought i'd give an update of my experience with best cameras.

To sum it up Fantastic. Customer services answered the phone quickly, she delt with my query and assured me the order i made was in stock and would be sent next day delivery. I ordered it at around midday thursday and it arrived 1pm Friday. Prices were the best i could find for the product i ordered too. What more can i say.

Can't fault them.

7. Pirate!!

Pirate!!
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    Why not just go to OneStop Digital? OK, there are things to take into account, but notwithstanding, an excellent service and prices are usually better than found in the UK.

That said, if you have any concerns or queries, an email usually does the trick. Also, they don't stock everything for all mounts (assuming you're looking for a lens). Having bought twice from them, I have no complaints on service or price.