WWE SD vs RAW 2007 - PS3 Cancelled

mooseepoo

Standard Member
Reaction score
WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2007 cancelled for PS3

By Jason Bayer on Jul 23, 2006

Today, THQ announced that they have cancelled the Playstation 3 version of the next title in the hit wrestling series WWE Smackdown! vs. RAW. The 2007 version, which now is only under development for the Xbox 360, PS2, and PSP, will not grace the PS3 library, as the company wants to "concentrate resources on the other three platforms."

THQ supposedly started their development on the PS3 version several months later than the other console versions, which may explain their decision: the game may not have been able to fit thei deadlines, or they may not have been able to adapt to the new hardware in time.

Thus far, THQ has only given this announcement through their German forums, and has yet to send an official press release. For now, the bad news reports just keep flowing in and getting worse for Sony and PS3.

http://www.ps3.net/newsboard/view.php?id=380

EDIT:

Has been delayed until 2007 Holiday period:

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/ps3/wwe_smackdown_vs_raw_2007/news-3237.html

Damn! that means only 23 release games! (According to IGN)
:devil:
IGN » Games » PlayStation 3 » Release Dates

date game title publisher genre
November 17, 2006 Resistance: Fall of Man Sony Computer Entertainment Shooter
November 17, 2006 John Woo Presents Stranglehold Midway Games Action Adventure
November 17, 2006 Genji 2 Sony Computer Entertainment Action
November 17, 2006 Alone in the Dark Atari Adventure
November 17, 2006 Fatal Inertia KOEI Racing Action
November 17, 2006 Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War KOEI Strategy
November 17, 2006 EA Sports Fight Night Round 3 Electronic Arts Sports
November 17, 2006 Tony Hawk's Project 8 Activision Sports
November 17, 2006 NHL 2K7 2K Sports Sports
November 17, 2006 Sonic the Hedgehog SEGA Platformer
November 17, 2006 NBA Live 07 Electronic Arts Sports
November 17, 2006 Full Auto 2: Battlelines SEGA Racing Action
November 17, 2006 Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Activision Action RPG
November 17, 2006 Ridge Racer 7 Namco Racing
November 17, 2006 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas Ubisoft Shooter
November 17, 2006 Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom Sony Online Entertainment Action RPG
November 17, 2006 College Hoops 2K7 2K Sports Sports
November 17, 2006 Madden NFL 07 Electronic Arts Sports
November 17, 2006 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 Electronic Arts Sports
November 17, 2006 Need for Speed Carbon Electronic Arts Racing
November 17, 2006 Warhawk Sony Computer Entertainment Flight Action
November 17, 2006 flOw (PS3 Hub Download) *TBA Action
November 17, 2006 Call of Duty 3 Activision Shooter

Wonder where the fanboys who criticised the 360's launch games for being a lot of sequels are now?

triplea4uk said:
It hasn't been cancelled its been put back until next year which is a good thing for PS3.

a release next year would then be called 2008 wouldnt it?

PremierGSM said:
a release next year would then be called 2008 wouldnt it?

Nah not if it's put back into early 2007, then it would just confuse the rest of the line.

'A good thing'?
Now I'm not knocking the ps3 itself here, but how can it possibly be a good thing???
So if every PS3 game is put back till next year, that too is a good thing is it? Don't be so defensive. This is what riles the anti-ps3 crowd!
It's not a good thing, another game is delayed. Yes, if it makes it a better game, then delay it, it's good for the fans of the game to deliver a better product, but how on earth can it be a good thing for ps3?

And just read the link too, and as stated at the top, it's been put back to 'holidays' 2007, so next christmas, ie it'll more than likely be called '2008', so yes, the 2007 version is canned.

If it's going to be released 2007 then they will prob do it just before Wrestlemania so they can do a story build up to that event also it means extras can be added to the game also fixes if theres any bugs.

triplea4uk said:
If it's going to be released 2007 then they will prob do it just before Wrestlemania so they can do a story build up to that event also it means extras can be added to the game also fixes if theres any bugs.
This isn't a delay. THQ clearly says "holidays 2007" i.e. this year's iteration is canned. SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 will be on both systems.

Personally, I'm not a wrestling fan but this will be disappointing to some. Just like NCAA is selling 360s, Pro Evo will sell 360s as will SmackDown 2007. It's not a good thing. Not the end of the world, obviously, but not a good thing. LOL

Your just guessing like the rest are it hasn't even been annouced fully yet and holiday that can be any time theres more then 1 in a year.

It's common knowledge that whenever an American release date is referred to as 'holidays' it means the run up to christmas. Well known. Guaranteed. Definate fact. Absolute. Without a doubt.

Face it, 2007 is dead on ps3.

gutted thats what i wanted a ps3 for noooooooooooooo. means i will have to get it for ps2 bummer

does any know know any info on midways TNA game? whats that coming out on?

weaponx_uk2003 said:
gutted thats what i wanted a ps3 for noooooooooooooo. means i will have to get it for ps2 bummer

does any know know any info on midways TNA game? whats that coming out on?

Yeah, buy the PS2 version, bung in your PS3 and let it upscale the image. :thumbsup:

Mickus said:
Yeah, buy the PS2 version, bung in your PS3 and let it upscale the image. :thumbsup:

Or get a 360 and enjoy it it true high definition.

The choice..... is yours (in a blind-date style :))

asked my son what he wanted to do he said buy ps2 veriosn and still but ps3 in the end and no to a 360. strange that for a 11 year old

quite amazing how some people will do anything not to buy a 360. you would think that if it had the games you wanted, you would buy it. Nothing on the Ps3 is getting me excited yet, will wait for it to be reduced and better still hacked.

weaponx_uk2003 said:
asked my son what he wanted to do he said buy ps2 veriosn and still but ps3 in the end and no to a 360. strange that for a 11 year old
lol thats fanboyism at its best and purest form!

Wonder where he gets it from ;)

I have always said from day 1 that a console purchase should be based on the games it brings to the table. The 360 clearly offers more exlusives, and former Sony exclusives are now appearing on both formats in GTAIV and SVR2007 (well 2007 being next-gen exclusive to 360).

Thats not to say the PS3 wont have good exclusives in its lifespan, it still currently has MGS4 as an exclusive - but for how long?

Waynej said:
The 360 clearly offers more exlusives

Does it?

Just a quick list of the top of my head for the PS3, I assume there is more.

Afrika
Assassin's Creed
Coded Arms Assault
Devil May Cry 4
Eight Days
Eyedentify
Fatal Inertia
Final Fantasy XIII
Getaway
GT5
Heavenly Sword
Killzone
Lair
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
MotorStorm
Naughty Dog PS3 Project [untitled]
Ratchet and Clank
Resistance: Fall of Man
Tekken 6
Virtua Fighter 5 (in the arcades too of course)
Warhawk

Is Assassins Creed PS3 exclusive? I thought the PC was getting a version.

Kube said:
Is Assassins Creed PS3 exclusive? I thought the PC was getting a version.

I'm not sure, nothing has been confirmed I don't think but after time will probably be released on a few other formats.

From what I remember Assain's Creed is currently PS3 exclusive. But it was actually running on hidden 360's at E3 with a PS3 controller attached. I expect it to appear on Xbox 360 as well, as it has been appearing on Xbox 360 sites and theres a preview of the game in OXM360 as well - with no mention of it being PS3 exclusive.

Waynej said:
From what I remember Assain's Creed is currently PS3 exclusive. But it was actually running on hidden 360's at E3 with a PS3 controller attached. I expect it to appear on Xbox 360 as well, as it has been appearing on Xbox 360 sites and theres a preview of the game in OXM360 as well - with no mention of it being PS3 exclusive.
Everyone and his brother knows Assassins Creed will be on 360. In fact, it was posted by admin at TeamXbox (now removed, unfortunately) that they had seen preview builds running on 360s. Don't forget this game has already been announced for 360 once, under it's original name Project Assassin.

Give is a couple of months and Ubi will announce it. Best case scenario for PS3 is a timed exclusive.

In any event, this list above just isn't spectacular IMHO. Consider the list PS3 could and should have been presenting given PS2's domination of the market to date. In terms of exclusives, 360 is arguably ahead at this moment in time.

Smak said:
Does it?

Just a quick list of the top of my head for the PS3, I assume there is more.

Afrika
Assassin's Creed
Coded Arms Assault
Devil May Cry 4
Eight Days
Eyedentify
Fatal Inertia
Final Fantasy XIII
Getaway
GT5
Heavenly Sword
Killzone
Lair
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
MotorStorm
Naughty Dog PS3 Project [untitled]
Ratchet and Clank
Resistance: Fall of Man
Tekken 6
Virtua Fighter 5 (in the arcades too of course)
Warhawk
Out of all those games, only Virtua Fighter has me excited. That won't even have online play, so there's absolutely no point in me getting it. :(

Devil May Cry and Heavenly Sword have me interested but definately not enough to shell out £400+ for the console yet.

How's that BluRay playback coming, that could still be the clincher.

bishman said:
Out of all those games, only Virtua Fighter has me excited. That won't even have online play, so there's absolutely no point in me getting it. :(

Devil May Cry and Heavenly Sword have me interested but definately not enough to shell out £400+ for the console yet.

How's that BluRay playback coming, that could still be the clincher.

Oh come on, first the claim is more exclusives on 360 than PS3, then a list as long as your arm is revealed and your comeback is, 'yeah but, I don't like those titles!'

I've been reading a few multi format magazines/websites/Teletext lately and most have articles discussing the dire shortage of 360 games this summer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there only one 360 title released in July, or is it August?

Well, something like that was reported on 'Gamecentral' on ITV Teletext.

The thinking is 360 development is being held back until PS3 hits the market as it isn't viable to develop a true next gen title exclusively for the 360 at this time, obviously there are a few exceptions.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom