Wud a Tosh 510E be better on my panny then my tosh sd100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by brad123, Jul 2, 2002.

1. brad123

brad123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I have a Panasonic Projector PT AE100 connected to my Toshiba SD100 with S Video. I would prefer to get a HCPC but it might be a bit more then I have to spend at the minute.

Im thinking of getting a Toshiba SD 510E and connecting it with component connections. My questions is will the picture quality be a lot better, I mean noticably better.

How much better is HCPC quality then the 510E Tosh connected with component.

2. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +311
    Hi Brad

I have the 510, it is worth getting just for the componant output, but it also has the benefit of progressive scan with region one. You will notice a vast improvement over s-video.
    You will find a HCPC much better in picture quality than the 510, the AE100 has to scale the image with the 510 which shows up as video proccessing, you can even see this with progressive scan, but with a HCPC and powerstrip there will be no scaling visible and it will look more film like than using a dvd player.
    If you want it simple go for the player upgrade, but if you dont mind having a play with setting a PC up go for it, the leg work has already been done for you as the powerstrip settings are available online.

3. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    yep brad i also have the 510 and the panny and imho i love the picture i am getting with it

i havenot seen the panny with a hcpc but the tosh gives a far better picture than my previous players