Wtf.. 4k new constrution

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by kleach, Dec 26, 2016.

1. kleach

kleach
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Building new home.. walls exposed.. need to run low votage now... have Samsung uhdtv. Aka 4k.. how do I future proof hone? Running classic coax.. seems like it is not enough. ? Need multiple runs of coax? 4x? Fiber? What? Seems like 4 runs of coax may cover me? Sucks there is no standards?
    Can anyone help.. running cables this week..

2. Clem_Dye

Clem_Dye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    You can"t future proof anything. What I would do is to run conduit (or several conduits) containing cables that meet the current/forthcoming standards and make sure that your trunking is large enough so that you can run additional cabling when needed, or replace what you have when the time comes. Reasonably safe bets are probably coax TV cable, GB ethernet, mains cables (use screened cables if possible) and make sure that you have sufficient capacity so that mains cables don't run near signal cables, that TV coax doesn't run close to HDMI and so forth.

Clem

3. kleach

kleach
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very dated info there.. sorry.. We are already running Cat6A to support 10GB etc..

Does ANYONE know how to get a 4k signal from the street to the TV?
    I know FIOS does not yet provide 4K or even SUHD signals but there has to be some standards to transmit the signals. What wires? It seems there is no solid standard and possible answers are 4 75Ohm coax and stitch the image together? I will have fiber from the street... The point above about creating reasonable conduit for reuse is obvious but not simple to do for a whole house.

Has anyone worked with 4K?

-Ken

4. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,547
    This is a UK-based forum.
    Maybe try asking in a forum on your side of the pond.