Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

WTD: XBOX - Even a XBOX LIVE banned one

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by DJW, May 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

After one of these for my lads birthday. Anyone got one with a decent modchip in ? Also need to ensure the box has never been banned from XBOX live, & that there is a method to switch off the modchip for Live play.

Cheers Dave

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,432
    Be careful, it's not just the modchip that live has been looking for , also the size of the hard drive and NTSC as opposed to PAL can get you banned as well. To be honest if x-box live is important to you I'd suggest you'd be better off with an unmodded console.

Cheers
    Andy

3. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,432
    Just to confirm what I said, this is from the console gaming forum:-

There was a Live update yesterday and MS refused to say what it did. Well tonight I decided to try my modded UK machine (bigger HD) to see if they had done what I had thought..and they seem to have. My machine was instantly banned even with the switch turned off.
    I dont know if it's cos the machine is modded or 'cos I have a bigger HD, either way be warned that it may affect everyone with a modded machine that has played Live until now.
    Shame, but was always on the cards. Not fussed personally cos I have a US machine and a Crystal UK machine anyway

Cheers
    Andy

4. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Andy

Microsoft the clever :censored: . OK, LIVE was at the lower ends of my needs, so take your point re another m/c required if you want to go that route.

Therefore still up for a chipped XBOX & M/S will have to do without my annual LIVE subscription for the mo :devil:

Cheers Dave

5. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    You dont need live. xbconnect has a better selection of games and its free !

6. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers :thumbsup:

Nobody out there fancy selling their old boring black modded XBOX & building a nice "crystal" one :devil: :p

7. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm getting no joy with a WTD ad for XBOX chipped, so I'm gonna have a bash myself at the H/D upgrade. Therefore after a "cheap as chips" XBOX, just in case I break the thing ;) Willing to accept any XBOX that has been banned from LIVE to keep costs low (I assume this only stops me using LIVE & nothing else ?)

What have you got ?

Cheers Dave

8. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bumpety bump

9. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    DJW. It might be worth you waiting a while. A few places have been blowing out old stock for £70 recently (Whsmiths, Sainsburys) Some people on here have picked up brand new xboxes in the last couple of weeks for £70.

Ok its being in the right place at the right time. But Price changes are definately in the air. You can pick up xbox in US for $100 around £50 quid. I will certainly be picking another one up next time I am over there, if nothing elsde for spares and repair but more likely to play Halo 2 on Live.

I definately thing the price point will come down to £80 sooner rather than latter. If you look round you will struggle to find a second hand one for £70 at the moment....

10. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HarrisUK

Good points. The kids can wait. Mods please close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.