Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

WTD: cheap ICE to replace Citroen AX std

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by Triggaaar, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,169
    I know absoulutely nothing about ICE, so please excuse any stupid questions

My wife's just got a Citroen AX (Echo :smashin:)

EDIT - Having found a few threads on in car MP3 players, that's the way I'd like to go, so no need for a CD player:

So... I've seen the Mstation on ebay, looks ok. Are there many other options (not wanting to spend much, just needs to play MP3s off a hard drive or Flash memmory)?

I'd also like to put better speakers in for her, if it's easy/not too expensive. Would it be best to put a couple of speakers in the parcel shelf and disconnect those in the doors - or replace the ones in the doors too?

Thanks

2. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Blimey this takes me back.I used to have a good system in a citroen ax.The cheapest way to upgrade is to run a sub and a set of components from a good tri-mode capable amp.The front bottle holders in the doors can be removed and a piece of mdf covered with black cloth or vinyl.Then the mids can sit in the pre cut hole.Put the tweeters up on the mirror adjusters.I had a boxed sub in my ax but you could run one free air on a mdf parcel shelf.

3. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193