1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wtd 5.1 Speaker Set Up

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by n0chex, Dec 28, 2003.

1. n0chex

n0chex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Im looking to purchase a 5.1 Speaker System around the £500 price range .
    I have owed the Kef 5.1 mark 1 eggs and personally i did not rate them on the audio side .....they was good on av ,i have been looking at some B&W VM1 AV SPEAKERS & Stands in silver to match my sony 36" widescreen tv.

I am so confused as there is so many to pick from can any one point me in the right direction.

Ps my living room is only 12x14 so not much room for large floorstanders ,and the main speakers will be very close to the tv so they will have to be magnetically shielded as well.

I have also been looking at the small tannoy fx set up can anyone tell me if they are any good as they only cost £198 .

I am in the middle of buying a sony 940 Reciever of this forum to go with the speakers , so Basically im trying to get a good av sytem for as little as possible.

Many thanks for taking your time to read my post and any help will be appreciated,and thx to JOHN F for doing me what i think is a good deal on the sony amp.

All The Best For The New Year Everyone :)

2. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    Moved to speaker forum as you are asking for advice on what to buy. Once you have decided, then maybe put an ad in the classifieds.

3. n0chex

n0chex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    ..MODS... Delete this post please thankyou