1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrong Turn DTS region 0 Edition

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by FoxyMulder, Nov 28, 2003.

1. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I already owned the region 1 version and the sound and picture quality are excellent, being a DTS fan i decided to buy the ultra cheap DTS edition being sold on many sites, BIG MISTAKE

The picture on the region 0 edition is vastly inferior, black levels tend to be greyish in scale and the picture is less detailed, and its 1.85:1 but NOT anamorphic, the film also seems to be 30seconds shorter and the DTS track does not seem different to the DD5.1 track, all in all i wish i didn't buy it.

I'm going to flog it on E-Bay for £10 and make a profit.

2. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok ive now had a chance to watch it in more detail, the picture is inferior, The DTS track is slightly better, its got more bass and better imaging between surrounds and front speakers

The censorship cuts spoil the film, 2 moments where they occur are when the body is being hauled into the cabin and theyre hiding under the bed and another scene later on concerning an axe in the mouth, the scene should then show up a closeup of the dilating pupil as the character dies, its been removed, no doubt there's a few other scenes trimmed.

If the film was Anamorphic had a better transfer and was Uncut it would be worth buying as it stands id tell everyone avoid the region 0 version and buy region 1 or 2.

3. Fusionator

Fusionator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I received some early specs from the Dutch release for Wrong Turn and it has Anamorphic Widescreen and DTS.
    When I have my reviewcopy by the time it is released I will let you know.