Wrong time and place to have a go at someone's belief

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by seany, Jul 11, 2005.

1. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not religious; I'm Irish and (for those who don’t know) was brought up a catholic as a kid. Went in to Manchester Cathedral today to take some photos, there was a book of condolence for the victims and families of the London bombings.

Touching, it's the best of human nature when people come together regardless of colour or creed and unite. So the timing of a message one person left was baffling to me, in a cathedral, a religious place. Basically telling those that believe should respect pagans more as their beliefs don’t cause bombings

Just the wrong place and time to do that in my opinion, and I’m the first person to have a pop at the church

Attached Files:

2. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +921
    Interesting point I guess, but as you say, wrong forum for it!

3. fraggle

fraggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    What a totally stupid comment to make, in an even more innapropriate place, a church condolances book!!!

As if the bombs/blast/shrapnel/flames/etc care about the victims religion and would "choose" not to kill pagans.

Or maybe that fool thinks that if "we" were all pagans, that other countries wouldn't bomb us. Riiight... <shakes head>

Anyway, get any other nice pics of the church? I love churches for arts sake, but difficult to think of something unique and new in the composition of the pics.

4. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Here's a few fraggle, not just form manchester but Edinburgh to. Was lucky enough to see the choir in Edinburgh.

Funny thing aboout Manchester, since we camE over most of my family and friends and myself HAVE nearly almost lived just a mile tops frm the cathedral, the other day was the first time i'd ever been in :rolleyes:

Walked around town in the blazing heat for about two hrs taking photos and the cathedral was my last port of call. By the time i got there i was sweating and dehytradted:laugh: Bit shaky as you'll see:laugh:

The manchester one's are the two crosses, the lamps and the make poverty history sign. The rest are Edinburgh

Attached Files:

5. fraggle

fraggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Nice, I especially like the one of the cross in front of the back of the church and the one of the line of lights :)

Here's a couple I took of a church in Aiya Napa on holiday, and the courtyard behind the church at night. Taken using my little P&S Canon S50 so not brilliant, but you get the idea.

The blue in the first image is from the sun, the lighting in there was brilliantly vibrant, very difficult to capture it (and I didn't do a very good job at all!)

Attached Files:

6. RobertP

RobertP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Flash on your 'little P&S' does a better job than the one built into my 20D.

Must get round to buying a decent flashgun. Got 2 very old ones but too scared they would fry the camera with too many volts to try them. :(

7. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Good stuff

I'm a big fan of the canon 50 60 70 fraggle. I'm thinking of getting one for my partner

8. fraggle

fraggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    I have cheated a little and turned up the gamma on all three images to bring out the darker areas.

But the fact there's stuff there to be revealed is good, it is a nice little camera, its now my backup / travel camera. I'm well happy with it :smashin:

I'd be very careful about using old flash guns on new digi SLRs, check on the web sites of the manufacturers and/or email their support dept asking them if the flash' are compatible.

9. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'll get one at some point put flash is way down my list. I'm in to available light only time i really use it is for fill. I find the flash on the 20D pretty good when i use it.