Wrong channels on free sat from sky

shazwaz

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, new to this but I seem to have a problem which "Sky" say they can't help - probably because I cancelled mry subscription 13/9. Problem..although I live in an IP post code (Ipswich) 2 of my channels display & receive BBC1 London (should be BBC1 East!) and ITV Central West (should be ITV Anglia?!) - additionaly Channel5 (old channel 105) has totaly disappeared. I've done the normal by turning off the decoder,leaving fo 5 mins. and turning on again and "searching for listings" but the same channels occur. Is there another "code" to enter or has some other setting been reset incorrectly? Box is a Grundig.
Hoping someone can help:lease:
regards

Firstly you can't get Freeview on satellite. You get Freesat.

Sounds like you either have no Sky card in the box or you have an old Blue / Yellow house card which has expired. If you still have a card try leaving it in the box for 24 to 48 hours. However if it is Blue / Yellow it may expire soon anyway.

You can get a Freesat from Sky card from Sky for £20. That will give you your postcode regional BBC1 and ITV on 101 and 103 respectively, Five on 105 (but can be tuned in thorough other channels for free) and Fiver, Five USA and Sky Three.

Moving to Freesat >>>

Doh..a brain for me would be dangerous..I really meant Freesat. However I do have a white SkyCard issued at the end of August. I'll probably close this thread and re-issue with the correct heading!?
regards

Doh..a brain for me would be dangerous..I really meant Freesat. However I do have a white SkyCard issued at the end of August. I'll probably close this thread and re-issue with the correct heading!?
regards

no need , have moved and re-titled

Try a forced download as this seems to cure a multitude of problems

Sky Digibox software - forced downloads

Against which postcode was the card activated?

This shouldn't be necessary, but if the card has been out of the box for any length of time it may have missed the 'keep-alive' signal. Left in a switched on/standby box it will update within 72 hours (usually much less). but I think/hope that the first suggestion will fix the problem

Good luck

Both the BBC and ITV and SKY are using a postcode map that isn't 100% accurate and doesn't reflect terrestrial transmitter coverage - but the channels you are receiving are the default no card in the box channels:confused:

What does everyone else in your area receive on 101 (BBC1) and 103 (ITV1)?

Have you had a chance yet to try the forced download?

Last edited:
Hi
Thanks for all the replies.
I haven't tried the forced option yet BUT after a few tries of the following it seems ok [for now?]:-
remove power from decoder for a few seconds,
replace power and switch on,
on remote control:- press "tv guide", select "Services", enter 401 and press select in quick succesion, select "new installation", press "Select" and let the system serach for channels.
Any how..once again thanks for all the help guys
By the way, neighbours have the "right" channels!
regards
shazwaz

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom