1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Writing CD's

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by batman, May 13, 2004.

1. batman

batman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I want to tranfer pictures from My Pictures in Windows to a CD.My computer has a CD Rewriter. Could someone please be kind enough to tell me how I can do it or do I have to buy software? If so could you recommend what program I should buy that is cheap and easy to use.

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you simply want to put your pictures on a CD then simply use 'drag and drop' to move/copy the pictures from the 'my pictures' folder to the CD - what software came with your CD writer or was it pre-installed on your PC - usually when you put a blank CD in the writer a pop-up asks you what you want to do and one of the options is to drag and drop files.

Or did you want to do something more with your pictures - your question is not very specific - do you mean you want to create a slideshow on a CD which will play on your standalone DVD player or on your computer, did you want to add music and titles to your slideshow ??

What operating system do you have - if Windows XP you will have Microsoft MovieMaker on your PC that will do all of that for you - if you only have version 1 of MMM then go to the microsoft website and upgrade to version 2 for free - V2 is a vast improvement over V1.

There are loads of programmes which can create slideshows for you one can be seen here :-
    http://site.magix.net/index.php?7191&version=standard

and all video editing programmes will also do it for you have a look here :- http://www.ulead.co.uk .

3. batman

batman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Beejaycee,
    Thanks for your reply you have given me the advise that I wanted.