1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrestlemania Box Set(s)

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by BrianC, Aug 27, 2005.

1. BrianC

BrianC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    The WWE is reissuing all the region 1 Wrestlemanias (1 through to 21) this November as either four box sets or 1 big box set - the big box set comes with some unknown exclusive bonus, probably the history of wrestlemania (already available else where :rolleyes: ).

Cheapest place I've found so far is Deep Discount DVD:

The Complete Box Set for $161.98, a saving of $161.98

Box Set 1 of 4
    Box Set 2 of 4
    Box Set 3 of 4
    Box set 4 of 4

$37.78 each or $151.28 for all four, a saving of $128.72 over RRP.

Includes free shipping and they don't charge you until shipping - a big relief if you got burnt by DVDSoon like I did. - both are only if you are in the US :mad:

EDIT:
    They also have the upcoming Bret "The Hitman" Hart 3 Disc set for pre-order at $18.88. This should be a cracking set as Bret recently went back to Titan Towers (after an apology from Vince for the '97 Survivor Series) to record his side of the story and he also had control on what matches went on the set, including stuff from his early days in Stampede Wrestling.

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    NIce, I was wondering if WWE was going to do a box set of the past mainas.

I might have to have a look at this :smashin:

3. Aretak

Aretak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Great price for the complete set... may well pre-order it. Would probably work out at around £110-115 taking a customs charge into account, but that'd still be a very decent price for all 21 Wrestlemanias.

Shame that they'll have all the WWF logos blurred out for the events which took place during the Attitude era though. :(

4. AV Newbie

AV Newbie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I've already got 1-8 and 16-21 on DVD, so will probably see if the Tagged Classics reissues continue over here. I can probably still track down an unblurred 2nd hand DVD of WrestleMania 15 somewhere, meaning WrestleMania 14 would be the only one that has the logo blurred.

Actually, I've got about 100 wrestling DVD's, including almost all the ECW releases.

Will definitely be getting the Bret Hart DVD, and the Jake Roberts one when it is released.

Cheers.

5. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214

yep they have the makings of really good realses. What do you reckon on the new ultimate warior DVD that is out soon?

6. AV Newbie

AV Newbie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I was never really a fan of the Warrior (I was a big Macho Man/King fan when I was younger and even at the time noticed that Warrior was terrible in the ring.)

Apparently it's been made without Warrior's involvement, and has special features with current WWE wrestlers doing impressions of him. Could be interesting, but as I already have IMHO his best two matches (vs Hogan at WM6 and vs Savage as WM7) on DVD I may not be too bothered with the release.

Cheers.

7. AV Newbie

AV Newbie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
  8. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Well,
    nice to see there are some WWE fans about, although I havent actually watched any wresteling since mania 21.

Big goldberge fan, big hogan fan :smashin:

9. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Haven't watch wrestling in years, but I will definitely be picking up that Bret Hart DVD. Best there was. Best there is. Best there ever will be. I hope the DVD does justice to it.

I read the Mick Foley novel (the first one), and it had this great little story where Bret was going to get a shower after the McMahon-Michaels screw job. Vince called in to talk to him. Bret said 'If you're still here when I get out, I am going to punch you in the face'. Bret goes for shower. Vince is still there when he finishes. Vince gets smacked. Priceless.

10. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214

You actually see a little of this on the bret hart wresteling with shadows video :eek:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000INF5/103-8070381-3426242?v=glance

11. Aretak

Aretak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Wrestling with Shadows is a great watch... they showed it on TV here a few years back.

12. AV Newbie

AV Newbie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I ought to pick up the Road Warrior DVD's too. Would really like to see some DVD's dedicated to Steamboat and DiBiase now they're working for the company again. There's rumours of a Dusty Rhodes one coming out too. Hopefully we'll wee a Randy Savage one eventually too.

13. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214

I think if you see a randy savage one, it wont have nay input from the man himself. He and WWE are on far from good terms.

14. AV Newbie

AV Newbie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I would expect so too. That said, they did offer Warrior the chance to be involved with his DVD and he turned it down. It would be interesting to see if Savage wants the money or not.

Vader has also apparently signed a legends contract, so there is a slight chance there could be a DVD of him. Maybe in a few years...

15. Aretak

Aretak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    The same is true for Bret Hart and WWE though... I mean, did you ever think you'd see that image of Bret and Vince shaking hands and smiling for the cameras after what happened in Montreal?

16. Passenger57

Passenger57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've got it on DVD - it was released a while back, well worth it. Up there with 'Beyond the Mat: DC'

Would love a Sting DVD (aye, the wrastler', not the dude from The Police!), a Rowdy Roddy Piper one and proper WCW release. The Monday Night War was good but it was obviously pro-WWE and the extras could have been a whole lot better. Like the last ever Nitro, put the whole damn thing on!

17. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    A decent Bill Golberge DVD using the WCW matches and fueds that put him on the map.
    What WWE did to him when he was there was a total waste of an opertunaty

18. Aretak

Aretak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Goldberg sucks though. Terrible inside the ring, and was the major contributing factor in ending Bret Hart's career when he botched that mule kick.

19. stingersplash

stingersplash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    getting back on to the original post, Deep Discount DVD now have the full box set for $151.18

Im not sure if ill get it, as if its just single discs for mania 1-20 then that will mean losing all the extras like the mania of wrestlemania movie and stuff, plus of course the blurred logos.
    I already have 1-8 and 15-20 so i dont think i really want to bother, ill have to wait for full details.
    Oh and does anyone know if UK sellers Silvervision will bother to sell this?
    i have every single wrestling dvd ever, but im still not sure if i want the Ultimate Warrior DVD. It was going to be 2 discs with loads of matches, now he has bailed they are really going to rip into him, and its now a single disc with 5 paltry matches on it.
    Ive never used Deep Discount, are they customs freindly?

Also those classic 5 box sets are good value, i think i first posted it on another forum, bought loads of them and making a huge amount too.

20. AV Newbie

AV Newbie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Yes, Silver Vision has the boxset available for pre-order now.