Wrecked Centre speaker

gingerone

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My kids have lovingly ruined the tweeter on my kef q6c speaker, any idea what my options are now? Will I be able to get it repaired and any idea how much it will cost?

Email Kef customer services I have heard they are very good and helpfull.

Should be able to buy a replacement tweeter if the model is reasonably current.

My son damaged the tweeter units on my new iQ6c & iQ9 on monday evening (hallow'een) :eek: :mad: after chinning him - in my head!! - I spoke to KEF on tuesday morning and asked to purchased two new tweeters, chap said none in stock so I could have two new uniQ drivers for the same price £55ish for both, delivered. :clap: Not recieved them yet, hoping tomorrow.
Happy about the price, but a bit disapointed about not having recieved them yet(took the money out my account straight away)

Any idea how much of a potch it is to remove the old one and install the new one?

My m&ks have steel grills no probs with probing fingers (keep the grills on) :)

Previous set of Eltax speakers had metal grills. Current set of Cantons (see below) also have metal grills and a firm 'no' when ever my daughter goes near them has worked so far (+ 2 years in total).
Daughter was a definite consideration when choosing the Canton speakers as she is going to knock into them from time to time so having all metal construction gives them a chance.

GW43 said:
Anyone out there with kids that this HASN'T happened to?

Other than using razor wire, has anyone got any tips on prevention rather than cure?

Don't have kids?

dishdoc said:
My son damaged the tweeter units on my new iQ6c & iQ9 on monday evening (hallow'een) :eek: :mad: after chinning him - in my head!! - I spoke to KEF on tuesday morning and asked to purchased two new tweeters, chap said none in stock so I could have two new uniQ drivers for the same price £55ish for both, delivered. :clap: Not recieved them yet, hoping tomorrow.
Happy about the price, but a bit disapointed about not having recieved them yet(took the money out my account straight away)

Well my new uniQ drivers arrived today, after another phone call to KEF yesterday to chase them up.
Only took 10 mins to fit both of them :smashin: so we're back in business - gonna have to be even more on guard than before :rolleyes:

dishdoc said:
Well my new uniQ drivers arrived today, after another phone call to KEF yesterday to chase them up.
Only took 10 mins to fit both of them :smashin: so we're back in business - gonna have to be even more on guard than before :rolleyes:

Thats good to hear, I'm going to give thema ring now.

having just invested in some B&Ws with diamond tweeters which apparently crumble on touch and cost a fortune to replace, I am banning kids from the house.
Diamond - toughest substance in the world, so how come...........?

Pat Marcus said:
I am banning kids from the house.
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Think I'll have to do the same :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom