WRC World Rally Championship (UK Release: Oct 8 2010)

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Great news for those of us left a little disappointed with the un-rallyness of Dirt2, looks like we're getting another shot:thumbsup:

New Official WRC Console Game Announced - Xbox

Fans of the FIA World Rally Championship will soon be able to get closer to the action after it was announced today that a new official WRC console game is now under development and scheduled for launch in 2010.

The agreement with leading Milan based publisher, Black Bean Games, will see the WRC game available across the world for the first time on PlayStation®3, Xbox360® videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft® and PC formats. Black Bean Games, and their in-house development studio Milestone, have an excellent track record of successful motorsport games including the SBK Superbike championship and MotoGP.

The new official WRC game will provide the sport with major promotional and commercial opportunities, which will continue to grow the reach and appeal of the WRC on a global scale.

Simon Long, ISC CEO, said: “The official WRC game will engage a whole new audience for the sport and we’re tremendously excited at the opportunities to grow our fan base and the profile of the WRC. It provides a hugely powerful touch point for us in which to showcase the WRC to consumers, and it will be the most realistic and playable rally game of all time. We chose to work with Black Bean Games because they have a proven track record making top level games with the official license in two-wheel motorsport.”

Virgilio Bixio, Black Bean Games President, added: “We are particularly proud to bring the WRC franchise back into the videogames arena after so many years of absence. Milestone has been working hard on this title and our expectations are really high. We will be able to provide the utmost competitive title that will provide extremely positive results. Furthermore, Milestone’s work is enriched by the overwhelming support we have received from the WRC community.”

The official WRC game agreement was secured by ISC, the exclusive worldwide media and commercial rights holder for the FIA World Rally Championship.

I for one am extremely happy with this news, hope it isn't all americanised like Dirt2.

Crovon

Distinguished Member
:arty:

spanna

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I never saw this one coming at all. I really thought we were completely stuffed for rally games especially as the media interest is at an all time low.

waheyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy is all i can say :smashin:

reddevil63

Black Bean are the guys that done SBK 08 & 09 and Superstars V8 Racing. Not top notch games but they might pull the stops with WRC.

Citizen J

Novice Member
I really hope this game turns out to be good. A little concerned that it's the team behind V8 Supercars as I didn't like that game (based on the demo) but there is a serious lack of point to point rally games. When I look at the Dirt series it deeply saddens me how this game has suddenly become far too "arcadey" and generally just poor. Colin McCrae rally series on the PS1 were fantastic, hopefully this game can reach at least something comparable.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
I really hope this game turns out to be good. A little concerned that it's the team behind V8 Supercars as I didn't like that game (based on the demo) but there is a serious lack of point to point rally games.

I thought the same thing about the V8 Supercars demo, although they are also responsible for MotoGP, which although obviously not Rally related, seems to be a very popular and well established franchise.

I'm just happy to know there's a proper rally game in development for now, totally unexpected in these times, going to have all my fingers and toes crossed it turns out to be at very least decent.

without wanting to extinguish your glimer of hope Tetlee, climax made the best Moto GP games, the ones made since by Milestone haven't been as well executed...

I'm gonna be plain ungrateful and just beg: Dice please make Ralisport challenge (2 oops) 3 :lease:

Last edited:

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
without wanting to extinguish your glimer of hope Tetlee, climax made the best Moto GP games, the ones made since by Milestone haven't been as well executed...

I'm gonna be plain ungrateful and just beg: Dice please make Ralisport challenge 2 :lease:

:DAh well, just have to sit back and hope then, as for RSC3(we already had 2;)), I'll just carry on dreaming.

Gordon B

Just read about this in MCV today and I thought of you Tetlee after our musings in the Dirt2 thread.:smashin:

Fingers crossed that Blackbean give us the rally game we deserve.

p9ul

Distinguished Member
Glad to hear of a new WRC game but the graphics on SBK 08 were nothing to shout about... :(

Nik73

Distinguished Member
Good to hear, just a shame that the WRC is now a shadow of it's former self in terms of factory teams, etc.
I always thought it took a turn for the worse when they started shortening the events and running stages multiple times back in the late 90's. Just my opinion of course.
Hopefully it'll have a lot of classic cars and stages from the 70's, 80's and even 90's.

rob1sp

Novice Member
Milestone haven't done any MotoGP games, they did the Superbike ones ie SBK 08 & 09.

They programmed the MotoGP '09 game that Capcom brought out didn't they? And there's no way the Climax MotoGP games are better than the more recent ones, I thought they were unbelievably arcadey, plus the bike models and rider animations were terrible. They scored well in reviews but I just didn't get on with them. I much prefer Milestone/Black Bean's versions, hopefully they can do a proper rallying game instead of the 'mighty purdy' americanised codemasters tat.

Last edited:

p9ul

Distinguished Member
Good to hear, just a shame that the WRC is now a shadow of it's former self in terms of factory teams, etc.
I always thought it took a turn for the worse when they started shortening the events and running stages multiple times back in the late 90's. Just my opinion of course.
Hopefully it'll have a lot of classic cars and stages from the 70's, 80's and even 90's.

Agree, will be crap game if you can only drive a Citroen C4 or a Ford Focus!

reddevil63

They programmed the MotoGP '09 game that Capcom brought out didn't they? And there's no way the Climax MotoGP games are better than the more recent ones, I thought they were unbelievably arcadey, plus the bike models and rider animations were terrible. They scored well in reviews but I just didn't get on with them. I much prefer Milestone/Black Bean's versions, hopefully they can do a proper rallying game instead of the 'mighty purdy' americanised codemasters tat.

I have MotoGP 09 and it was definitely Milestone. Same as the WSB games.

How can MotoGP 09 be out on the 360 when it hasn't been released yet?

MotoGP 09/10 for Xbox 360 - MotoGP 09/10 Xbox360 Game - MotoGP 09/10 Xbox 360 Video Game

Scheduled for a March 2010 release.

And its a Capcom/Monumental Games collaboration, not Milestone.

Last edited:

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
How can MotoGP 09 be out on the 360 when it hasn't been released yet?

MotoGP 09/10 for Xbox 360 - MotoGP 09/10 Xbox360 Game - MotoGP 09/10 Xbox 360 Video Game

Scheduled for a March 2010 release.

And its a Capcom/Monumental Games collaboration, not Milestone.

I think he was getting confused with MotoGP '08, which was indeed released by Capcom and developed by Milestone.

MotoGP 08 Review for Xbox 360 - GameSpot

^You can see in the details beneath the box art pic.

scartlead

I'm gonna be plain ungrateful and just beg: Dice please make Ralisport challenge (2 oops) 3 :lease:

Still Play Rallysport challenge 2 for the xbox quite a lot. Best rally game on any console IMO. A WRC version with similair physics would be something I'd be looking forward to.

Jamezinho

Distinguished Member
At least this game has something going for it:

It's not made by Codemasters.:clap:

rob1sp

Novice Member
I think he was getting confused with MotoGP '08, which was indeed released by Capcom and developed by Milestone.

MotoGP 08 Review for Xbox 360 - GameSpot

^You can see in the details beneath the box art pic.

Yeah I meant MGP '08, was getting confused with all the iterations of both it and sbk that are about at the minute. Anyway, I'm hoping for a Colin McCrae 4 or Rallisport 2 career-type game with Richard Burns Rally physics and Forza 3 graphics, that'd do nicely.

Oh and a la CMR 2.0, somewhere in amongst everything a nice big Sierra Cosworth with a noisy wastegate :thumbsup:

GMC79

Distinguished Member
Nice this could be good but from what i played of the PS2 versions it was shocking, mayb remembering wrong long time ago played it a a mates but didnt like it iirc. Glad to see all format then can get for PC or PS3 for use with G25 if anygood.

Yeah I meant MGP '08, was getting confused with all the iterations of both it and sbk that are about at the minute. Anyway, I'm hoping for a Colin McCrae 4 or Rallisport 2 career-type game with Richard Burns Rally physics and Forza 3 graphics, that'd do nicely.

Oh and a la CMR 2.0, somewhere in amongst everything a nice big Sierra Cosworth with a noisy wastegate
:thumbsup:

Sounds good to me :smashin:

monkey00

No rally game has touched Colin Mcrae 1 imo yet, that other offical WRC game was good, but id love a new Rally SIM

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

Sky announces huge original TV show and movie lineup for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cambridge Audio launches DacMagic 200M headphone amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett