WRC 9

It’s more forgiving than Dirt Rally certainly, but I think the damage is better in this, certainly than DR2, it’s a while since I played the first one.

You can drive head on into a tree a 90mph in DR and still carry on, in this it doesn’t take much damage to mess the car up.

Braking when going straight is usually ok, it's just when you have the wheels turned that the car will swing round a bit.

For tight corners it depends. You should only really need the handbrake for the very tight stuff, but it can help to turn the car if you are understeering.

With this being a sim, you have to be a bit more measured with your inputs. It is more forgiving than Dirt Rally though.
When using the wheel, are there any cars that actualy require the flappy gear leavers?

I'm tempted to map my handbrake to the right flap, as it's almost impossible for me using O, but not sure if it will be required later, suppose I could always just map it back.

When using the wheel, are there any cars that actualy require the flappy gear leavers?

I'm tempted to map my handbrake to the right flap, as it's almost impossible for me using O, but not sure if it will be required later, suppose I could always just map it back.

Not if you play with automatic gears? If you have a shifter then you could use that too.

I remapped my handbrake button to one that was nearer my thumb. I think it might be the R2 button on my wheel.

If you have a set of pedals with a clutch, you could remap that to handbrake?

Not if you play with automatic gears? If you have a shifter then you could use that too.

I remapped my handbrake button to one that was nearer my thumb. I think it might be the R2 button on my wheel.

If you have a set of pedals with a clutch, you could remap that to handbrake?
I use shifter and clutch, but I know on dirt and dirt 2 if you go to put the handbrake to the flappy gear shift ot gives you a warning that there are some cars use the flappy gearshift, I'm unsure which cars though.

I use shifter and clutch, but I know on dirt and dirt 2 if you go to put the handbrake to the flappy gear shift ot gives you a warning that there are some cars use the flappy gearshift, I'm unsure which cars though.

You should be fine in WRC 9 if you are using a separate shifter. The only issue is if you have the Thrustmaster shifter set up in sequential mode - it gets mapped to the paddle shifter controls.

Anybody here doing the challenges? I am not doing the races yet, I just want to do the challenges and I improve then I’m good enoigh to try the races. It’s great fun and graphics are amazing

Anybody here doing the challenges? I am not doing the races yet, I just want to do the challenges and I improve then I’m good enoigh to try the races. It’s great fun and graphics are amazing
I've not tried them but plan on trying them later today

Just bought this ( you're fault Jimster7 thanks for the reviews lol ). Does anyone play this with a Thrustmaster T300 or similar Thrustmaster wheel and could you kindly post your FFB settings please. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Just bought this ( you're fault Jimster7 thanks for the reviews lol ). Does anyone play this with a Thrustmaster T300 or similar Thrustmaster wheel and could you kindly post your FFB settings please. Thanks :)

I started with the values in this video and the. Tweaked them from there. I have a T150 which has weaker FFB than the T300.

After the absolute nightmare which was Monaco and had me worried for my job, I've only gone and won the next rally, the Sweden one:clap:

My first outright win, I'd won the odd stage here and there in the juniors and a few podium finishes.

Onwards and upwards

I started with the values in this video and the. Tweaked them from there. I have a T150 which has weaker FFB than the T300.

Thanks Jimster71. I found his settings vid yesterday and to be honest didn't like them. In fact compared to racing on the PC, I am finding the FFB on PS5 quite weak in comparison. I have only played GT:Sport and WRC9 so far, but the effects on both of these games I am finding a tad underwhelming. Anyone else feel the same?

Didn’t realise this was heavily discounted, think I’ll be joining the club. Dirt 5 is very average (can’t complain for £30), but not really doing it for me, think it will be getting flogged...

Done about 5 hours on it earlier in career, and my left knee and hip is goosed from the constant clutch usage, which is crazy because there's no 'clutch penalty for not using it.

I prefer to just use it though for more realism. Don't think Dirt had it either but im sure project cars did and would just slip into neutral if you didn't use it.

Love this game so much, a VR of this would be awesome and would beat Dirt 1 which I didn't think could be possible

Done about 5 hours on it earlier in career, and my left knee and hip is goosed from the constant clutch usage, which is crazy because there's no 'clutch penalty for not using it.

I prefer to just use it though for more realism. Don't think Dirt had it either but im sure project cars did and would just slip into neutral if you didn't use it.

Love this game so much, a VR of this would be awesome and would beat Dirt 1 which I didn't think could be possible

Rally cars normally don't use a clutch for changing gear and tend to have sequential shifters. The clutch is mostly used on the start line, and hairpin bends to stop stalling.

The WRC cars have a single paddle shifter. The push it forward to change up and pull it back to change down.

Thanks Jimster71. I found his settings vid yesterday and to be honest didn't like them. In fact compared to racing on the PC, I am finding the FFB on PS5 quite weak in comparison. I have only played GT:Sport and WRC9 so far, but the effects on both of these games I am finding a tad underwhelming. Anyone else feel the same?

WRC 9 is the same on PC as it is on PS5. FFB will be game specific rather than the platform.

Rally cars normally don't use a clutch for changing gear and tend to have sequential shifters. The clutch is mostly used on the start line, and hairpin bends to stop stalling.

The WRC cars have a single paddle shifter. The push it forward to change up and pull it back to change down.
Ah right, I don't normally follow rally, but I always thought the paddle shifters were outlawed years ago and went back to manual shifting.

I'll be able to knock seconds off my times if I keep throttle and just shift with my h shifter and no clutch.

Last edited:
Bought this in the January sale after getting my Cyberclunk 2077 refund.

Couldn't resist the glowing reviews on here...

I did the same, grabbed this and The Pathless both great games.

Slightly off topic but since having my Cyberpunk refund and then deleting it I've got an empty tile stuck on my homescreen that I cant remove

Attachments

• PS_App_20210114_074943.jpeg
    PS_App_20210114_074943.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 50
Ah right, I don't normally follow rally, but I always thought the paddle shifters were outlawed years ago and went back to manual shifting.

I'll be able to knock seconds off my times if I keep throttle and just shift with my h shifter and no clutch.

They also tend to use left foot braking, since there is no clutch being used.

Wow, bought this based on positive comments on this thread and have not been disappointed...I think it’s great!

Played for about an hour on career mode and really enjoying it. Really effective haptic feedbackfrom the controller and the game look great on the PS5.

For £24.99 it’s a bargain 😎

Agree, played about 90 mins worth and loving it. Really have to concentrate, but it feels great . Going to have to look up the team management side of things as I don’t really know what I’m doing ...

I wish there were replays in the game and could compare my times in challenges to my friends times other than that this is one of my favourite driving games. It’s a sim racing game but this one is actually fun to play
😄

There is a bit of an RPG element spending your experience points in different areas....great fun and definitely the driving game to have on the PS5 😎

For anyone who bought the Digital Deluxe edition of the game, you can claim 3 months access to WRC Plus and watch the pros in action. Rally Monte Carlo runs over this coming weekend.

I already subscribe to WRC Plus. You get full coverage of the rallies, either live or on-demand as well as highlight shows, access to onboard camera views, live timing and previews.

Really liking this. The driving can be brutal at times, one little mistake and you're all over the shop, but on the whole it's pretty smooth and I love it. I'm playing on the controller rather than my wheel as I just a quick pick up and play rather than getting my wheel out each time.

I'm even enjoying the "management" side of things which is unlike me. I tend to find they get in the way of driving too much but this is just right, picking your own route through the driving events and teams.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom