Wrath of Man Movie Review & Comments

Found this to be a decent film, but the purposeful 1980's style "banter" felt purposefully anti woke. It was so bad i felt like switching the movie off. Fortunately it is all uphill from there and a really enjoyable movie. Just persist through the crap bants.

Found this to be a decent film, but the purposeful 1980's style "banter" felt purposefully anti woke. It was so bad i felt like switching the movie off. Fortunately it is all uphill from there and a really enjoyable movie. Just persist through the crap bants.
How could you switch it off ? Isn't it only showing at cinemas ?

How could you switch it off ? Isn't it only showing at cinemas ?

US iTunes and US Blu-ray - UK is way behind on this one

I haven't seen The Gentleman yet, but I did turn it off after 10 minutes as I can't stand Charlie Hunnam and "cockney geezer" Hugh Grant was annoying me.

Hugh Grant wasn’t being a ‘cockney geezer’ at all

Is the blu ray disk region free?

Saw this and agreed it felt like a Statham movie with Ritchie being tagged into the Directors role. Having said that it did have some of Ritchie's trademarks with the criminal gangs set dialogue, edgy classic cars and major shootouts. Scott Eastwood was good and it is so scary how much he looks like his Dad, but was good to see him as a bad guy in this movie.
Overall I enjoyed it but not sure the reference to Heat is valid as it's nothing like it when comparing plot, rivalry between the good and bad guys, or the end shoot out.

The only film I ever liked with Statham in it was Snatch which is a classic, I'm not into him playing these crappy hard man roles in what I consider B-movies for let's just say the 'easily entertained'.

I haven't seen The Gentleman yet, but I did turn it off after 10 minutes as I can't stand Charlie Hunnam and "cockney geezer" Hugh Grant was annoying me.
Same, wanted to watch it, settled in nicely, started the film, it was so annoying from the first minute i couldn't carry on.

This was a pretty good film but it's absolutely the least guy Ritchie film he's ever made, zero flair, completely by the numbers direction.

The only film I ever liked with Statham in it was Snatch which is a classic, I'm not into him playing these crappy hard man roles in what I consider B-movies for let's just say the 'easily entertained'.
What's the term you usually use for the "easily entertained"?

For my money this is Guy Ritchie's best film since Snatch. Really nicely photographed, sound designed and edited with a doom-laden, propulsive score. Nihilistic, brutal 70s style crime thriller.

Only movies Jason Statham has been in that I enjoyed are
Lockstock & Two Smoking Barrels,
Snatch,
Bank Job

Rest are Garbage,
You forgot his great role in Spy, imo one of his best roles to date:laugh:

As for Nobody, i enjoyed it enough that i wouldn't be put off rewatching it again sometime.
Did kinda end on a somewhat boring note but easily opens up a sequel if they bother with a followup.

Watched this in 4k rather inebriated the other night, can't remember what happened but despite the usual Statham hard man mode Ritchie employed much rather better cinematography than Statham usually receives. I'll need to watch it again as I think it looked good.

Don't be c**ty

It’s not HDR so 7/10 is maximum ceiling regardless of how good it could be.
Cheaping out on SDR to save on Server costs

It was UHD HDR on Amazon as just watched it , you do have to search it though .

Are you watching it though an Apple box? Because I noticed a few non-native Apple things aren't showing DV/HDR when watched through the box (Arcane has no DV, Wrath of Man has no HDR).

Wrath of Man is 4K HDR via the Amazon App for my TV. It's 4K SDR through my Apple box.

Are you watching it though an Apple box? Because I noticed a few non-native Apple things aren't showing DV/HDR when watched through the box (Arcane has no DV, Wrath of Man has no HDR).

Wrath of Man is 4K HDR via the Amazon App for my TV. It's 4K SDR through my Apple box.
It's actually not to bad a film , lil bit darker for a Statham flick for a change . Was a lil bit like Den of Thieves as being better than I thought it would .

Hi Cas, yes you are right it is HDR. Stupid Amazon shows both. I had to add HDR Version to my Prime Watchlist via iPad App. It didn’t find HDR version on my Sony TV Prime App and so had to add it this way. What a rubbish user interface experience.

Hi Cas, yes you are right it is HDR. Stupid Amazon shows both. I had to add HDR Version to my Prime Watchlist via iPad App. It didn’t find HDR version on my Sony TV Prime App and so had to add it this way. What a rubbish user interface experience.
Don't get to excited to find its UHD HDR as its negated somewhat by an almost dirty industrial feel to some city shots and indeed outside action scenes. It comes alive a little on the the night time neon landscape and indoor action scenes .

just watched this, thought it was pretty good.

So the movie was very good until the last 20mins then it just went sh*t. The ending was atrocious and ruined the whole movie for me.

How did 'H' even know where this guy's apartment was? Did I miss something here????

Movie was a solid 8/10 for me until the ending.... 6/10 final score.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom