Wrath of Man Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Cheers Cas. I can pretty much watch anything with Statham, but will look this one up I think when it hits one of the streamers.

Just a word of warning to anyone who might think about clicking that trailer though after reading the review - don't. It gives away far too much imo.

Just a word of warning to anyone who might think about clicking that trailer though after reading the review - don't. It gives away far too much imo.

Too late :facepalm:

What were the odds of the second poster on this thread also having 007 in their username? :D

I dont think there is a statham film I've been disapointed with.

Still think hummingbird/redemption directed by peaky blinders steven knight, is one of his best films, its not a standard statham film, but he still does his thing in it.

I also like ritchie films, even the less popular ones.
Will look out for this one when it goes to streaming.

Solid not great Statham movie, weak Ritchie movie.

So that still makes it 100x better than most :clap:

I was very disappointed with this. Probably because my expectations were too high. I really rate and enjoy the Stath, the same way in which I devoured Seagal stuff in the 90s. Combining with Ritchie, who is on a hot streak after the brilliant The Gentlemen and I thought it was going to be a knockout. Unfortunately it gives us the worst of each, rather than the best. It's humourless, dull and uninspired. The direction lacked flair, very unlike Ritchie; you really wouldn't know it was one of his films, and the action too was lacklustre. No hand to hand stuff which Statham is so good at, he's a tremendous physical actor, just rather pedestrian gun fights.

I dont think there is a statham film I've been disapointed with.

Still think hummingbird/redemption directed by peaky blinders steven knight, is one of his best films, its not a standard statham film, but he still does his thing in it.

I also like ritchie films, even the less popular ones.
Will look out for this one when it goes to streaming.
The Transporter is a classic. Transporter 2 is watchable with some nice action. Transporter 3 directed by Olivier Megaton (of crap) might be the Stath's worst film. I've couldn't get past the first 10 minutes and have never tried since.

Thanks for your review Cas !

Liked this movie a lot but i read somewhere that the theatrical release was canceled in the UK ?

anyways there will be no 4k release in the US , only in France for now so i hope there will be one in the UK :)

Only movies Jason Statham has been in that I enjoyed are
Lockstock & Two Smoking Barrels,
Snatch,
Bank Job

Rest are Garbage,

Thanks for the review Cas. Have to say that I far preferred the original French film Le Convoyeur of which this is a loose remake. I felt the original was far more emotionally engaging.

Only movies Jason Statham has been in Guy Ritchie has directed that I enjoyed are
Lockstock & Two Smoking Barrels,
Snatch, RocknRolla.....

Rest are Garbage,

I haven't seen The Gentleman yet, but I did turn it off after 10 minutes as I can't stand Charlie Hunnam and "cockney geezer" Hugh Grant was annoying me.

I thought this was good but not great. Statham as good as ever. TBH I was glad we didn’t get any of Guy’s tricks as I’m pretty tired of them. As Cas says only the non linear storytelling was there to hide the threadbare plot.

As I say I was glad it’s a straightforward action type film without the usual silliness from the director and mercifully no Charlie Hunnam. I hope Guy will leave him out from now on.

Last edited:
I haven't seen The Gentleman yet, but I did turn it off after 10 minutes as I can't stand Charlie Hunnam and "cockney geezer" Hugh Grant was annoying me.

Hugh Grant killed it to be fair, and Hunnam did alright as well.

The film belongs to Grant and Farrell though, their characters perfectly portrayed.

I like of a lot of Guy Ritchie movies. Obviously my favourites are Lock Stock and Snatch. But still, I thought the Gentlemen was right up there in terms of enjoyment.

I quite enjoyed this. Took a while to get going but once it hit is stride, it's pretty good. Statham seems to have developed a habit of talking out of the corner of his mouth though, a bit like Popeye.

I really enjoyed the film and its well up to Statham standard. None of his films give you food for deep thought but they are all good solid entertainment; makes a great home double bill with 'Nobody'

Not actually on anywhere near me. Very annoying.

Not actually on anywhere near me. Very annoying.
That's because it is not opening in UK cinemas on Friday. The release date was pulled from the schedule several weeks ago and there's no word yet on when it will be released unfortunately.

Watched this a few weeks back and was quite disappointed. Had the basis and setup to be much better.

When is it on in uk cinemas?

In some ways this plays more like another stab by Parker's Taylor Hackford at the helm. Although I actually think I enjoyed stylistic Parker more than this in story and J-Lo certainly didn't hurt.
Statham is so rounded in these roles that really you're only ever getting 'Statham Plus' but it's clear that Richie is so bent on pushing his angles that unwelcome tangents appear.
I actually like Statham quite a lot and just wish a story and director would appear that could piece together the wider aspects of Statham and manage to place them in one defining performance. He has demonstrated depth, gravitas, warmth and humour and, of course, kick-assedness on hand over the years but directors all too often sit on the latter too much.
Here though, Guy tries to make it a Richie Plus effort and gets Stathamed for his troubles.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom