Wrath of Man Movie Review & Comments

Patbateman69

Found this to be a decent film, but the purposeful 1980's style "banter" felt purposefully anti woke. It was so bad i felt like switching the movie off. Fortunately it is all uphill from there and a really enjoyable movie. Just persist through the crap bants.

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Found this to be a decent film, but the purposeful 1980's style "banter" felt purposefully anti woke. It was so bad i felt like switching the movie off. Fortunately it is all uphill from there and a really enjoyable movie. Just persist through the crap bants.
How could you switch it off ? Isn't it only showing at cinemas ?

Joe C

I haven't seen The Gentleman yet, but I did turn it off after 10 minutes as I can't stand Charlie Hunnam and "cockney geezer" Hugh Grant was annoying me.

Hugh Grant wasn’t being a ‘cockney geezer’ at all

Captainoats

Saw this and agreed it felt like a Statham movie with Ritchie being tagged into the Directors role. Having said that it did have some of Ritchie's trademarks with the criminal gangs set dialogue, edgy classic cars and major shootouts. Scott Eastwood was good and it is so scary how much he looks like his Dad, but was good to see him as a bad guy in this movie.
Overall I enjoyed it but not sure the reference to Heat is valid as it's nothing like it when comparing plot, rivalry between the good and bad guys, or the end shoot out.

Nocturnal

The only film I ever liked with Statham in it was Snatch which is a classic, I'm not into him playing these crappy hard man roles in what I consider B-movies for let's just say the 'easily entertained'.

Darbo

I haven't seen The Gentleman yet, but I did turn it off after 10 minutes as I can't stand Charlie Hunnam and "cockney geezer" Hugh Grant was annoying me.
Same, wanted to watch it, settled in nicely, started the film, it was so annoying from the first minute i couldn't carry on.

This was a pretty good film but it's absolutely the least guy Ritchie film he's ever made, zero flair, completely by the numbers direction.

Darbo

The only film I ever liked with Statham in it was Snatch which is a classic, I'm not into him playing these crappy hard man roles in what I consider B-movies for let's just say the 'easily entertained'.
What's the term you usually use for the "easily entertained"?

2001will

For my money this is Guy Ritchie's best film since Snatch. Really nicely photographed, sound designed and edited with a doom-laden, propulsive score. Nihilistic, brutal 70s style crime thriller.

BontaKun3000

Only movies Jason Statham has been in that I enjoyed are
Lockstock & Two Smoking Barrels,
Snatch,
Bank Job

Rest are Garbage,
You forgot his great role in Spy, imo one of his best roles to date:laugh:

As for Nobody, i enjoyed it enough that i wouldn't be put off rewatching it again sometime.
Did kinda end on a somewhat boring note but easily opens up a sequel if they bother with a followup.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom