Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Wrath of Khan DVD Mispress?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by abarthman, Jun 30, 2002.

1. abarthman

abarthman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Picked up a copy of the region 2 Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan Collectors Edition today. Its the one with the silver coloured cardboard case and a unique number.

The dvd played fine, but when I tried to play the accompanying cd-rom (a game called Star Trek New Worlds) in my pc, the only stuff on the disc was some french health assessment software (at least I think that's what it is, but my grasp of French is non-existent!). The software is called Formuval by a company called Novartis. The cd-rom is printed with the Star Trek New Worlds label, so it hasn't been put in the case by mistake!.

Before I exchange it, I'm trying to figure out if it's some sort of rare mispress. I remember from my vinyl collecting days that mispressed records were rarer than rocking horse teeth and had a value to match. I've done a bit of searching, but I've come up with nothing.

I'd be grateful if anyone who knows about this kind of stuff could please enlighten me? :)

2. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I am afraid I have no idea about the french software on the version you have bought, but I thought you might like to know that there is a special edition director's cut being released in the US soon (sometime in the next couple of months I believe). :)

Lex.