1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by KeithO, Jun 26, 2003.

1. KeithO

KeithO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Just taken delivery of a Sharp XVZ-91E. Default settings right out of the box, projecting onto a white painted, not particularly flat flat wall (screen coming)....and wow, fantastic. Just the sheer size of the picture is worth every cent!

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What an absolutely enlightening post :eek: .....not to mention the thread title - "wow" :rotfl:

Glad you're happy m8 ;)

3. Vassago_m

Vassago_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hhhmmmmm, as a noob I've always been told to go for a pj with Lumens with more than 800 - 1000, but that must depend on what room and light you have got.

Looks very very nice and I must admit I'm jealous!!

I'm on the look out for a pj, and let me know what screen u get.

Jammy SOD

;)

4. KeithO

KeithO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    I must admit I thought the same (about the lumens) but I saw several demo'd (Sharp, Sanyo, Tosh, Sony) and the picture on this one just struck me personally as the most natural and watchable, taking contrast, brightness, etc into account. No probs with the rainbow on the Sharp thankfully (not for me or the missus anyway) So we're well chuffed.

The room is not hugely dark (unless it's night :D ) because it has massive windows covered only by standard venetian blinds. But the picture is more than watchable.

Screen I have coming is a Projecta Procinema

5. yatesd2404

yatesd2404

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Keith,

I got the same PJ about 4 weeks ago and love it. Have mine set up with a screen from Deluxx 2m * 1.5m and the picture is fantastic.

I sometimes move the PJ to the bedroom to connect to the PC and display on a white wall and I can tell you that the picture gets better with the screen.

Anyway, hope you have many happy hours and pleased to hear I am not the only one out there with this PJ.

Have fun,

Dave.

6. KeithO

KeithO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Dave...I have the same size screen coming...glad to hear it can only get better! Cheers