Wow this is hard

J

Johninspain

Ok, im attempting my first ever home cinima system at our home in spain, in the uk i have a cinima but set up by pros. I have just baught a bit of stuff from the tv shop, nothing great at all. Now i have never installed ANYTHING at all.

I have a 50 plasma on the wall on a tilt bracket ( it will be fully tilted for viewing) if i mount my front left and right speaker at tv hight i feel they will ne too high? So how high should i mount them ? Also my 2 rear speakers, i wanted toount them in the top corners of the room facing towards the middle, roo is standared hight, can i do this ? Or will they be too high ?

Also i wanted to run my PS3 as my dvd etc but want the sound to come through the amp, i have 4 x hdmi in and 1x hdmi out on my amp. How do i connect it to work in that way ?

If you think the speakers will be too high at TV height, I would assume the TV is also too high. Ideally your front speaker tweeters should be at eye/ear level. The rears should ideally be placed just above ear level pointing at your listening position. Lots of people put their rears in the corners.

As for your PS3, assuming that the amp can process audio over HDMI, you will need to set it up as per the sticky post below. Basically it has to be set to HDMI for the audio (obviously) then if you have one of the original models, you set it to LPCM as the original model could not bitstream HD audio and it must be decoded internally. If it is one of the new slimline models, you will set it to Bitstream so that the amp decodes the HD audio. Finally connect another HDMI cable from the amp to the TV to carry the picture.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/onkyo-products/696423-faq-setting-up-ps3-onkyo-amp.html

Thanks for the info.

I did set the tv high but i new i was so thats why i got a tiltin bracket, ill see how i get on i can always lower it. I just connected the ps3 to the amp and the amp to the tv, didnt change anything and it works ! Ill play with setting it up tomorrow, another question, should the cent speaker be o all the time ?

Yes. Make sure the Centre is 'On' in the setup. It should be detected when you run auto setup if applicable. If not, check the menus and run a manual speaker test.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom