1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow that was quick HS10 arrived today.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rooster, Feb 7, 2003.

1. rooster

rooster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Great service from nexnix . Pj delivered in less than 24hrs. Had a quick shot against a wall as theatre room is not quite ready. Couldnt get any picture from multi cable connected to Svideo. Though ihave to admit i aint read any of the manual yet. Any body point me in the right direction?

Plugged in straght Svideo connector from DVD player and got a picture. Looks great even on an orange wall ;)

Will be working overtime now to get room finished and it mounted

2. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    congratulations.

Just make sure that it's mounted in a COOL spot otherwise the fan noise gets louder.

I was in my warm room last night and towards the end of the film the noise was unacceptably loud. It starts off tolerable but after 2 hours even in 'cinema black' mode it's about as loud as 'dynamic' mode.

Everything else in my setup is finished now - I'm now focussing on an insulated hush box as outlined elsewhere because I want a warm TV room and a quiet life!

So take noise and temperature into consideration ...

3. rooster

rooster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    John n i must admit in the half hour or so i had it on last night , i thought the fan was quiet. Or maybe it didnt register that much as i wasnt trying to concentrate on a movie.

Any idea what could be wrong with the multi cable , I couldnt get a picture through that, will try agian tonight on a different DVD player

4. TT9

TT9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Rooster,

Just make sure that you cycle through all the inputs. For example, I had component selected and my DVD was correctly connected via this through the multi cable - and no picture ! Cycling through the rest of the inputs brought a second component selection and sure enough the whole thing fired into life. Obviously the first was the seperate Y Pb Pr connections and the second component through the multi cable.

Just a thought.

Best wishes,
    Steve.

5. rooster

rooster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Got it to work last night on another player so maybe a problem with Svideo output on my player upstairs. Not bothered as its the kids and connected through scart .

Really blown away with projector even though i haven't used proper screen yet.

What mode do most people watch in. Dynamic looks better imo but fan noise is louder , though really doesn't bother me too much. Any other reason not to use dynamic mode too much?

6. Pulsar

Pulsar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +288
    Dynamic mode will reduce the bulb life from 3000 to 2000 hours from cinema mode. You will probably find the blacks are not as good in dynamic mode, but if you prefer it, then thats cool.

Please correct me if I am wrong

Rob

7. rooster

rooster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Perhaps i need to muck about with contrast etc. My initial thoughts was that dynamic was brighter and more colourful , the wife thought so too. TBh this was an initial reaction on two films I need to see lots more and tweek it.

I take it you use cinema mode all the time.

8. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dynamic will be brighter but at the expense of reducing bulb life by 1000 hrs and on a 3000 hr bulb thats a full third shorter life on a quite expensive bulb, the choice is yours;)

9. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    I was considering one of these machines.

However do Nexnix have the official UK/EU machines ? Krish AV and Hispek sell this machine as well but they are "grey" imported models.

Sony UK claim they only have 6 official machines in the UK which they took delivery of only last week. This must mean other suppliers are sourcing their stocks from elsewhere.

Can anyone clarify this please as I am only interested in a UK machine?

10. benmc

benmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    As far as I know NEXNIX are UK stock.

Give Russell a call at Nexnix as I am sure he will give you the best answer, he is really helpful

regards

Ben