WOW, that Spring was amazing. Let's hope Summer is too

Ding Dang

Established Member
Reaction score
I suppose having time at home whilst experiencing a Spring like no other certainly helped, but I do hope we don't now end up with a full Summer. Though today is a damn good start 😁☀️

Heard them say on the news it was the sunniest spring ever when I was downstairs doing something to eat and I just shouted at the TV "OFC IT ******* IS NO BUGGER CAN GO OUT"

Well you will soon find out, Summer 2020 in Northern Hemisphere will begin on
Saturday 20 June > How many days until Summer?

Hmm, well that all depends on how you define summer. I always go for the meteorological one as it makes more sense. Summer is June, July and August. Simple.
I could never get my head around still being in spring on 20th June or autumn, just 5 days from Christmas.

That's Winter that's close to Christmas, who gave the Met office permission to change the seasons 🤣

Hmm, well that all depends on how you define summer. I always go for the meteorological one as it makes more sense. Summer is June, July and August. Simple.
I could never get my head around still being in spring on 20th June or autumn, just 5 days from Christmas.

Yep, agreed:

Dec/Jan/Feb = Winter
Mar/Apr/May = Spring
Jun/Jul/Aug = Summer
Sep/Oct/Nov = Autumn

Yep, agreed:

Dec/Jan/Feb = Winter
Mar/Apr/May = Spring
Jun/Jul/Aug = Summer
Sep/Oct/Nov = Autumn

Slightly different up North, we have....

Jul/Aug/Sep = Autumn
Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar = Winter
Apr/May/Jun = Spring

Autumn and Spring actually share June and July, as Summer, if it happens, occurs anywhere between June 22nd and July 13th, just for a day usually. Very occasionally we'll have a heatwave, and that may involve temperatures reaching double digits for a couple of consecutive days. But it's not happened in my lifetime!

The plus side is we become fairly hardy..... remember the 'Beast From The East'?

weather-warning-southerners-are-urged-not-to-travel-unless-absolutely-14968264.png

Yep, agreed:

Dec/Jan/Feb = Winter
Mar/Apr/May = Spring
Jun/Jul/Aug = Summer
Sep/Oct/Nov = Autumn

I don't agree with that system because simply it's incorrect, you can believe what you want, even though it's wrong :devil: :D

I don't agree with that system because simply it's incorrect, you can believe what you want, even though it's wrong :devil: :D

You're completely right of course. I know it's wrong, but meh, there's more important shit to be correct about :)

Yep, agreed:

Dec/Jan/Feb = Winter
Mar/Apr/May = Spring
Jun/Jul/Aug = Summer
Sep/Oct/Nov = Autumn

Agreed - it's not rocket science. Here's to the start of a great summer :beer:

Just ignore IQOW, he just likes to argue about anything, but he is just wrong as per ;) :rotfl:.

Anyone can have an incorrect opinion even you two, free speech and all that, your still wrong but!!!

Just ignore IQOW, he just likes to argue about anything, but he is just wrong as per ;) :rotfl:.

Anyone can have an incorrect opinion even you two, free speech and all that, your still wrong but!!!

Same to you inwrongno - it's still summer though - just look outside. The summer doesn't care if you don't believe in it :D

Last edited:
Slightly different up North, we have....

Jul/Aug/Sep = Autumn
Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar = Winter
Apr/May/Jun = Spring

In Scotland it is further north & seasons are also Different:

Jul/Aug = Autumn
Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr = Winter
May/Jun/Jul = Spring
Jul 14th = Summer

granted the weather has not been too bad futinv lockdown but last night the Heavens opened just to remind us we are still in Scotland 😃

I've never really been one for weather forecasts either. No matter how good the latest & greatest weather app/ service claims to be, I often find that even when they claim a 97% accuracy, I still manage to somehow always look at the weather and be in that 3% :laugh:

Us Brits are mental, we base entire conversations on what the weather is doing! If you look at the 4 seasons 'calendar' above it's really easy to 'predict' the weather -
  • In Winter, it's likely that it'll be cold and wet (we don't have that white stuff down here @The Dreamer - 'Snow'?).
  • In Summer, it'll quite probably be hot.
The other 2 seasons are just a mish-mash of these 2 really.

It does make me chuckle that at this time of the year, the tabloids will normally run a story, telling us it's the 'Hottest Day of the Year So Far'. Because we're heading into Summer, it's completely predictable that generally speaking, it will get hotter - that's kind of how Summer has worked, ever since it was invented. Do the tabloids think we understand this basic concept? Nope, every day from now until September, they will report that today is now the 'Hottest Day of the Year So Far' :facepalm:

Unless it chucks it down with rain, like today lol.

Tbh If the skies stay so clear and the temperature keeps rising I am dreading July and August. Think I might have to move to Scotland.

Tbh If the skies stay so clear and the temperature keeps rising I am dreading July and August. Think I might have to move to Scotland.

Steady on! :eek: :D

In Winter, it's likely that it'll be cold and wet (we don't have that white stuff down here @The Dreamer - 'Snow'?).

That’s the stuff!
2B0C8956-3397-4A02-9D21-BB49A6FE5A74.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom