Wow My Panasonic PWD42-5

NeilMcRae

Novice Member
Arrived this evening, outstanding! Still goto get some decent hookups using composite/s-video at the moment, in silver, Star Wars Ep 1 was outstanding! Even the wife is impressed!

Got mine from www.plasma4u.com delivered it themselves great service considering I ordered it at 16:30 on Friday, highly recommended.

One word of advice if your terminal board doesn't come installed, install it _before_ building the pedestal stand :)

Couple of pics:

Cheers,
Neil.

T

turnergw

Neil,

Glad you're enjoying the screen - wait until you get RGB / component inputs to it though, the difference is amazing!

On another note entirely though, the cabinet you've got it standing in - is that a home made unit, or a shop bought one? I'm after one very similar!

Graham

sapper

I am in the middle of designing my own cabinet. If I spend ~£3,500 on a plasma, I will have very little money for a while to spend on new furniture, my existing hi-fi furniture is not ideally suited.

I hope the upgrade to Plasma is worth the effort!

Adrian

gadgetman

Novice Member
That looks distinctly like my cabinet. Purchased about 2 years ago from Ikea. It was the only one I could find at the time that would take the weight of my Sony 32fx60. Good to see it will take a 42" plasma screen. I`m just waiting until after xmas to get mine doing my homework first. Before I relegate my Wega to the bedroom,
Which is nice.

Martyn
Ps does the sony remote you have work the Panny as well?

NeilMcRae

Novice Member
Originally posted by turnergw
Neil,

Glad you're enjoying the screen - wait until you get RGB / component inputs to it though, the difference is amazing!

On another note entirely though, the cabinet you've got it standing in - is that a home made unit, or a shop bought one? I'm after one very similar!

Graham
Ikea - Bonde- fantastic really well made and holds the sound.

http://www.ikea.co.uk/product_prese...uctnumber=00019135&type=III&id=5122,3039,3078

Got RGB running today - wowzah! wowzah! wowzah!

Neil.