1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WOW- I really am underwhelmed.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by lovemunkey187, May 5, 2005.

1. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I placed an order a little over a week ago for 2 items from cd-wow one of them was about a week before the release date(Angel Ssn5) actually both items were ordered before their release dates and I've received e-mails for both items to say that they're waiting for restock from their suppliers.

Judging by the comments from threads on these boards I was expecting service to rival Play but so far I'd compare it to the service from DVDSoon which I expected to be slow(I got an email yesterday to say that the last of my free discs was going to be despatched- this from early February). :(

Am I being unduly harsh or is this par for the course with them?

2. nm10721

nm10721
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    yeh I would say that is a bit hasrsh, Dvdsoon are truly mince, CdWow answer emails very quickly and their service/delivery so far for me has been amazing.

3. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Have to say harsh matey - I've ordered a PSP game and they've been really good by keeping me informed every time they have not received stock - unlike CDWow.

Not only that - when I called them and queried the price hike and cancellation of Alexander (from £16.99 to £18.99) they gave me a £4 voucher to use when I replaced my order for it !!! They've even sent me a coupon if I pre-ordered something and the price goes down before it ships!

So even though they have some issues - they beat Play IMO as they don't get hit by customs and keep you that well informed.

4. eatstatic

eatstatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    lovemunkey187,

Have to agree with nm10721 on all accounts.

Must just be one of those things, I am sure that every supplier has got at least one unsatisfied customer. But at least with cd-wow the customer care (that I have had) has been first rate.

Maybe you just was expecting a bit more 'Wow' :)

eatstatic.

5. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I buy 90% of my dvds from cd-wow and would always buy from them as their customer service and prices aer second to none.

The only trouble I've ever had is for advance orders where they aren't the quickest off the block and seem to have trouble getting stock for pre orders. I must add , I have only ordered a few advance titles. In my experience the email warnings are usually on the pessimistic side, the goods usually arrive well in advance.

I've also had one none delivery/missing item, and they sent another Immediately, I had another items a six disc tv series with a scratch on one disc and a replacement and prepaid envelope was sent immediately.

I can only give massive praise to cd-wow.

6. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,073
    Moved to DVD supplier forum.

7. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    That's my point. All of the replies have said how good they were and I was expecting the same standards that have been praised here.

It doesn't inspire me to want to place a second order with them. I suppose that I've been spoiled as out of the hundreds of transactions I've made whilst ordering online this is the only time that I've felt let down.

8. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Lovemunkey

My history of CDWow is quite large mate - I've had problems, such as missing DVD's and scratched disks. They've been great in dealing with this - even sending a jiffy bag to send it back so I don't have to pay for a replacement.

Take the PSP game - it's been delayed 3 times and it's frustrating BUT they have the decency to keep me informed. Play never have, neither DVD Soon.

I see where you are coming from - but even when things have been negative, they've done better than other companies IMO. Try them again (pre-order something for example) and see how it goes. If you call them up and cancel the item etc - the refund happens really quickly too. It's surprising !

You mention Angel season 5 - is that the R1 or the new, repacked R2 ?

9. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    The order was for Angel S5 R2 in the "Bible"style packaging.
    I received an e-mail confirming my order 23 April 2005 07:45:20 so 9 days before release, but the order was placed the previous evening.

Although I do not deny that the prices on the site are pretty damn good, although I am tempted to cancel my order with wow and place it with Play and get it (an entire)£2.00( :eek: ) but from a source that I have found to be 100% reliable.

What's this about PSP games?

10. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Well it would be a shame (NO I don't have shares with Wow) :)

R2 always does seem to be the slowest shipping from them though - but I rarely buy R2 stuff anyway. It's up to you dude, but I think that when they email you that it has shipped it'll arrive the following day (usually!)

On a side note - we can only recommend from our experiences - Garyd posted once that he had a bad experience with them for a ltd.ed. box set - which is a shame, but then if it's limited, you always run the risk of it running out.

Either way, with anything, it's down to the individual - I've never had any real problems with them (I've had delays, scratched disks and missing items - and they've always handled it well)

11. jimcarney

jimcarney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Only ever had one problem with CDWOW since buying from June last year ,I DVD I ordered was delayed for about 2weeks !

12. partyweb

partyweb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +529
    Just like to add my 'been buying from 'em for years' pitch too.

No, seriously, I've bought a large selection from them over the past few years as they have had many bargains (especially when discount links & vouchers are available :smashin: ) and I must say I've never to my knowledge had any trouble :clap:

13. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    in my experience...
    CDWOW - cheap and quick :thumbsup:
    DVDSOON - cheap but very slow :thumbsdow
    PLAY - not particularly cheap any more but quick :rolleyes:
    AMAZON - can be very cheap on certain items (eg Matrix 10discer), usually very quick :)

...PJ

14. Gromit

Gromit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    DVDIMPORT - Cheap and quicker than before.

15. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    I've ordered many titles from cd-wow and have found them to be very good. There have been problems in the past (only very few though) but they have always been very quick in dealing with these.

I think you should give them another chance. :)

16. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I received an email yesterday saying that the other item was going to be despatched. Just phoned home and it's arrived this morning.

That is quite impressive, have got to admit that that has wow factor. I do hold my hands up and say that when I started this thread I did feel the need to ent my spleen alittle but still stand by my comment that I expected the service to be...well......WOW.

17. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Received an email today stating that Angel S5 is ready/has been depatched. :thumbsup:

When it arrives and I've watched I'll be a happy lil' chicken.

18. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    I have ordered in total 4 PSP games. 2 came within 7 days of ordering, one took a little longer - but one is still waiting and it's been quite a wait.

Now - I'm not complaining here. Every week they've emailed me with a new anticipated shipping date and when it's not been met, they've emailed me to let me know (unlike DVD Soon).

I am aware (from Axel Music) that there is a bit of difficulty for some reason in sourcing the PSP titles. Now I could go to another company - but, even though I could, I'll leave it with CDWow as they've replaced one faulty CSI box set when it arrived. Unlike other companies, they sent me the replacement and told me to make sure the disk that was scratched was ok and that if another was a problem with any other disk, to swap it out so I had a completely working box set. Not only that, they sent me a jiffy bag - complete with freepost address, so not only did I not have to send the set back first, they sent me everything to send the faulty one back once I was happy. They've even sent me a whole box set - without quibble - when it was lost in the mail.

SO - although this is taking it's time (and it's been about a month so far), I still can't knock them as they've never (and I mean never) been difficult when I've called them with a problem.

As with every consumer related item - it's through how they conduct themselves - and an email every week/delay is definitely better than other sources I can mention.

19. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Angel S5 arrived this morning :clap: :clap: