Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Wow, have a look at this.

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by dAvE6, Jan 10, 2002.

1. dAvE6

dAvE6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.travecon.se/db/vf4ps201.mpeg

It looks fantastic, and a far cry from most ofm the sparsely textured ps2 games so far.

Sega are becoming quite a force on next gen machines with games like this, REZ, Jet set radio future and super monkey ball.

2. Luc

Luc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah, looks spanking. Yet another reason not to get an Xbox. DOA3 may look pretty, but it's still DOA2 with bells on, and DOA is built on the VF engine originally anyway. Not that i wouldn't object to DOA3 on PS2 tho. =]

3. S H A D O

S H A D O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    It does look the dogs knackers!!

Always been a Sega fan myself, shame the Dreamcast died the way it did, but at least we´ll still get games from them!!

Nice snow effects etc in VF4, might be worth investing in a PS2 finally!!;)

cheers

4. dAvE6

dAvE6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, the death of DC was a shame. But it's produced more AAA titles that all the next gen machines put together so far.

I recently bought a ps2, and was actually considering trading it in for a DC and several games before getting a GC and xbox later on. Ps2 just seems like an inferior xbox in terms of visuals, network plans and sound technology, while also being an inferior gamecube in terms of classic playable games.

This leaves it as a perfect console for the compramising mainstream market. But it just dosn't excel in any area like the other 2 consoles do. Thats why i think i should own GC and xbox and sell ps2(i'm a gamer, not a council estate towny fifa slurper..)But maybe it's worth owning all 3. But with so many ps2 games porting over to rival machines and the very small amount of exclusives, it's a difficult decision.

Games that i DO want are virtua fighter 4, ICO, REZ and final fantasy 10. To be honest that's about it.

5. trinity

trinity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it is a shame, i agree. but now sega can concentrate on what they they reall can: and that is devloping great games.

they haven't had a clue about marketing, that's why the DC died. but that's another story.

i can't wait for more good sega games :)