• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wow camera

Wirelessjack

Established Member
Hello

I'm just wondering if anybody has used wowcmera.com

I after a new Sony camera and the saving I can make is around £400 compared to elsewhere, It says 1 year UK warranty and I'm not sure if I believe that if they are shipping from Hong Kong?

Thanks

Edit

Just saw the camera cheaper at E-infinity , same as above, are these legit businesses with UK warranties?

Last edited:

nheather

Distinguished Member
Hello

I'm just wondering if anybody has used wowcmera.com

I after a new Sony camera and the saving I can make is around £400 compared to elsewhere, It says 1 year UK warranty and I'm not sure if I believe that if they are shipping from Hong Kong?

Thanks

Edit

Just saw the camera cheaper at E-infinity , same as above, are these legit businesses with UK warranties?

Probably not. About four years ago I bought a Canon DSLR from a UK company. They made it very clear that they were grey imports (Canon are famous for enforcing international warranty boundaries) but they did provide a third part warranty (3 or 5 years, I can’t remember).

It was a good price and as the business was up front and had an established office close by I took the risk. Never had a problem.

But yes, if a UK business is selling very cheap I‘d say that they are either dodgy or selling Asian stock.

As for warranty, you need to check Sony’s policy. Some companies recognise an international warranty and some (like Canon) impose strict territorial boundaries.

Cheers,

Nigel

Wirelessjack

Established Member
Probably not. About four years ago I bought a Canon DSLR from a UK company. They made it very clear that they were grey imports (Canon are famous for enforcing international warranty boundaries) but they did provide a third part warranty (3 or 5 years, I can’t remember).

It was a good price and as the business was up front and had an established office close by I took the risk. Never had a problem.

But yes, if a UK business is selling very cheap I‘d say that they are either dodgy or selling Asian stock.

As for warranty, you need to check Sony’s policy. Some companies recognise an international warranty and some (like Canon) impose strict territorial boundaries.

Cheers,

Nigel
Thanks for the reply, I have checked on the warranty,if I bought the camera in the UK it's a 2year warranty as standard so obviously this 1 year warranty must be for Asian markets

nheather

Distinguished Member
I looked up where I got my camera from. Unfortunately, they only do Canon.

But if anyone else is interested it was these guys

Cheers,

Nigel

John7

Prominent Member
Stick with Einfinity - used before and good service/prices. You won’t get UK warranty though as they’re grey. Got to pay UK prices if you want warranty.

I’ve bought a few k’s worth of photo stuff from Panamoz/EInfinity, never had any issues. Sometimes use Onestop Digital as well.

Wirelessjack

Established Member
Stick with Einfinity - used before and good service/prices. You won’t get UK warranty though as they’re grey. Got to pay UK prices if you want warranty.

I’ve bought a few k’s worth of photo stuff from Panamoz/EInfinity, never had any issues. Sometimes use Onestop Digital as well.
Thanks for the info, I'm really tempted to use Einfinity, how long do they take to deliver to the UK ?

John7

Prominent Member
Usually a week but may take longer due to the pandemic. They ship from UK using DPD/UPS and you get tracking info when the item is dispatched. No extra fees - the Web price is what you pay.

Wirelessjack

Established Member
Usually a week but may take longer due to the pandemic. They ship from UK using DPD/UPS and you get tracking info when the item is dispatched. No extra fees - the Web price is what you pay.
The £450 saving I can make will probably see me ordering from Einfinity!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom