Wow BBC HD Footy bonus

mickbirch2000

Prominent Member
Reaction score
The picture on tonights footy is pin sharp, can even see the dandruff on Alan Hansens shoulders from 10' on my 37" screen, now theres a bonus.
:rotfl: Mick

Agreed, excellent picture, especially in the sunshine. It tends to go a bit milky on the longer shots, guess thats to be expected.

PC

Shame about the audio dropouts, oh and the one 4 second blank screen. (viewing via VM)

Agreed, excellent picture, especially in the sunshine. It tends to go a bit milky on the longer shots, guess thats to be expected.

PC

Yes, that's a good word for it, milky.
Excellent in close-ups, but not so good at distance.
I just love the detail you get looking at the crowd.

BTW, I'm amazed at the number of empty seats :confused:

Shame about the audio dropouts, oh and the one 4 second blank screen. (viewing via VM)

No audio drop outs but the blank screen was the same on satellite:)

BTW, I'm amazed at the number of empty seats :confused:

Hopefully the tide is turning and the true fans are starting to question the prices asked for live game attendance when their clubs are not only drowning in cash but will be submerged in it next year thanks to the new contracts.

The picture on tonights footy is pin sharp, can even see the dandruff on Alan Hansens shoulders from 10' on my 37" screen, now theres a bonus.
:rotfl: Mick

Make's me think, has Alan Hansen got dandruff or has the dandruff got him, sack the makeup person me thinks.

PC

I thought early evening fog was descending on villa park.
COME ON ROVERS.

Hopefully the tide is turning and the true fans are starting to question the prices asked for live game attendance when their clubs are not only drowning in cash but will be submerged in it next year thanks to the new contracts.
Totally agree mate, I've been questioning prices for years and rarely go now, mainly down to principal, although I do sometimes feel I'm cutting my nose off to spite my face.
I'm also surprised Watford got the Holte end, but there you go :confused:
Lovely pitch though, innit :smashin:

Sorry OP, a bit OT, I know :suicide:

I thought early evening fog was descending on villa park.
COME ON ROVERS.

Actually, it is surprisingly hazy, I've just had a look out the back.
I'm only a mile or so from the hallowed turf.
But that's not the cause, IMO.

close ups looks bloody good but the distance shots leave a lot to be desired, the images are very noisy and theres motion blur on fast pans

Watching the current game, and the picture breaks up for a fraction of a second every now & again....anyone else have this is issue? It only seems to be happening on this channel

close ups looks bloody good but the distance shots leave a lot to be desired, the images are very noisy and theres motion blur on fast pans

Yes I agree, The shots in the studio were the best, the game looked foggy/milky with bad smearing on fast moving action.

A backward step in my eyes looked almost as bad as the German HD game the other night

Watching the current game, and the picture breaks up for a fraction of a second every now & again....anyone else have this is issue? It only seems to be happening on this channel

Never noticed that, apart from the blackout.
The audio played up a lot though :thumbsdow

No bloody Dolby again and it seems HD is a real problem audio-wise.
I suspect it'll be a very long time before we get Dolby with live transmissions via the Beeb.

i had the exact problem

it was weird

at a distance shot i taught there was fog on the pitch:D

I've had the audio problems tonight with the footy, also noticed it on the Jools Holland programme after as well. The 'milky' look isn't something I've noticed on my settings (running in my PX70 at 30%) but I have seen it when the contrast & brightness are turned up.

Here here!! I'll be there tomorrow. Bloody rip-off though!!!

Especially as you're going to get spanked :rolleyes:

I hope you beat them though :smashin:

In all honesty, do you think OT is the right place for this game, seeing as you're only up the road and Chelski have to do the best part of 200 miles?

I'm a Villa fan, so slightly biased, but I'd have thought VP was a better bet, even though the other semi was there :confused:

Especially as you're going to get spanked :rolleyes:

I hope you beat them though :smashin:

In all honesty, do you think OT is the right place for this game, seeing as you're only up the road and Chelski have to do the best part of 200 miles?

I'm a Villa fan, so slightly biased, but I'd have thought VP was a better bet, even though the other semi was there :confused:

2005 .. rovers had to travel all the way to cardiff for semi-final against the gunners, when villa park would have been more logical.
Tomorrow's match at old trafford is another crazy venue choice by the FA
I agree with Badger, villa park would have been fairer to both sets of supporters in terms of location and travel.

Not to worry, thanks to the FA putting the entire English game into hock everyone who doesn't live in London will have to travel, god help them if two "unfashionable" teams get into a semi not only for revenue but the look of a half empty national stadium, it was bad enough today.

Although only around 5000 short of capacity Villa Park looked fairly empty even with the main camera facing the packed Man U end most of the time.

I've had the audio problems tonight with the footy, also noticed it on the Jools Holland programme after as well. The 'milky' look isn't something I've noticed on my settings (running in my PX70 at 30%) but I have seen it when the contrast & brightness are turned up.

I altered the brightness and contrast and it did not get rid of the milky effect - glad to read others saw this - I was worried this was a problem with my set. Found the break ups very annoying (they happened a lot!). I think Sky do a better job of it (for football).

Not to worry, thanks to the FA putting the entire English game into hock everyone who doesn't live in London will have to travel, god help them if two "unfashionable" teams get into a semi not only for revenue but the look of a half empty national stadium, it was bad enough today.

Although only around 5000 short of capacity Villa Park looked fairly empty even with the main camera facing the packed Man U end most of the time.

Hmm, 5000 short :eek:

SAF was complaining that Watford hadn't sold their allocation :confused:
It would appear that the FA cup semis have really lost their appeal :(

The last one I went to was Villa-Pool at OT in 2000.
That never sold out either.
Pool had a game a couple of days before, was the excuse :(

I altered the brightness and contrast and it did not get rid of the milky effect - glad to read others saw this - I was worried this was a problem with my set. Found the break ups very annoying (they happened a lot!). I think Sky do a better job of it (for football).

It wouldn't matter what you did, it was a crap feed.
The Beeb are experimenting to see what they can get away with, so don't worry about it, it's not your telly, necessarily :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom