Wow, anyone used these?

thfccambs

Ex Member
Reaction score
Sky World Package Card -

Sky cards from XL Trading - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Is this legal? :confused:

We are not getting into any other arguments over whether this product is legit, illegal, works or any topic.. final answer from us:

1. The product works
2. Is NOT illegal in any way, shape or form
3. We do get the cards direct from Sky - legally, using NO false information (libel again on another post!)
3A. We DO NOT 'obtain these goods via deception' also... this is libel AGAIN.
4. The cards ARE the white new ones
5. They do last 2-3 months maximum.

End of lecture.
We DO NOT again, do anything illegal on the store hence our very good reputation on the net.

If you do not wish to buy a sky card from us, why even bother bringing anything up against us?
Or do you work for our competition - either way, it is pretty pathetic and low of all things.

We are not pirates also (people who sell at car boots purely for profit), we merely run a service which allows a duplication of an item you purchased legally. This is in no way illegal, hence we have not been closed down.

Read the terms and conditions on our site + also clients HAVE to agree legally anytime they order from us.. again, another legal disclosure which has to be agreed by a client - further protection for us.

Thanks
XL Trading ©

Last edited:
Looks as dodgy as dodgy gets I certainly won't be parting with any of my hard earned cash on this but good luck to anyone who risks it.

It's fraud - they're activating a card by paying for the first month then you wait for it to be deactivated when Sky don't get any more payments: "it will allow you to watch every Sky channel within the £45 a month package for free". :thumbsdow

Interesting thread on MSE forums, will have to be careful what I write on here ;) My thoughts were that if a hypothetical company wished to provide such a service they could possiblly use a multiroom card, which will generally run for 2-3 months before the failure of both boxes to phone home from the same line triggers cancellation of the multiroom, and will also allow free purchase of ppv events up to the limit on the card?

Last edited:
they are probobally a sky asa and are getting money for every account they set up and then keeping the box and sending out the card to whoever then not paying the bill once it comes in so basicaly its fraud, and what they get out of it is the £30 for the card that covers the first month rent on it meanwhile they get there commision from sky for the contract and then they dont pay the bill and keep the box and sell it on (money maker) but not legit.:thumbsdow

I'd say this was more of a scam than a fraud - & quite a clever one. Someone buys a Sky subscription, but only pays for the first month, and doesn't use the card for more than a month -not much wrong with that in itself. They then sell the card on, informing the purchaser that they'll be able to use it for about 2 months, which again seems a legitimate transaction, given that Sky don't seem to ask for cards back.

The point, of course, is that it takes Sky a couple of months or so to cancel the card, but is it fraud to take advantage of that? Possibly,especially if false names & addresses are used somewhere along the way, but I'm not sure that they are.

The way out of this would be for Sky not to supply cards to dubious people,, and to cancel cards more quickly when subscriptions stop being paid.

bought one a few months back, never worked and don't bother trying to get your money back as they don't want to know

It is obviously not legal ,just like the so called backups they sell.

well my post on that forum resulted in me finally getting my refund,

thanks thfccambs for the link, doubt I would have ever gotten my money back without it

well my post on that forum resulted in me finally getting my refund,

thanks thfccambs for the link, doubt I would have ever gotten my money back without it

No problem mate, glad you got sorted. :thumbsup:

On that MSE thread they claim to be a SKY ASA. They say they get the cards from SKY and they come with the letter etc. We know they have actually supplied these as people have posted saying they have bought one but it only lasted a month etc.

There are some SKY ASA on this forum. What is their view on this? Even if they were a SKY ASA or they knew someone who was would they be able to get these cards? Would SKY really not care they were doing this? There would be multiple cards whose bill was not paid applied for by the same person.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom