1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you use this web-site?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Charlton Fan, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Charlton Fan

Charlton Fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi,

I am unsure about a new web-site I have discovered called http://www.softxpress.co.uk

Their items seem quite cheap on some DVDs and CDs I am interested in, but the thing I am most unsure of is their payment methods. They use NoChex which I have heard of, but have never used. My secure padlock sign comes up on their payment page, but I was wondering how secure NoChex is?

Also, their 'feedback' for NoChex is 0 although they are a new site.

I have seen a phone charger for £1.99 also, and am tempted to test them out by buying it, but I don't want my c/card details to be given away if they aren't trustworthy.

Can I have any feedback from you guys what you would do, especially if anyone has used them before by any chance?

Much appreciated,
    Chris

2. ajf

ajf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't comment on the website but NoChex should be fine to use.
    It is very similar to Paypal except it is specific to UK and uses your switchcard/bank account rather than a credit card.
    As you register with and pay through Nochecx directly, theoretically there is no chance of a fraudulant transaction.
    The store never have your payment details.

Andrew

3. Jayb

Jayb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with ajf .......:thumbsup:

I have used Nochex many times without any problems, you send the money to their Nochex account via e-mail so the web store never have your card details.

I do not know the web store so please let us know how you get on

Cheers
    Jay

4. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    I have ordered The Day after Tomorrow from them(showing as in stock) so shall let you know how i get on.

Adrenochrome.

5. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Not had a confirmation email yet :nono:

Also cannot get an answer on the phone :nono:

Adrenochrome.

6. Throttle

Throttle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Ive made the mistake i think of trying softxpress i ordered and paid on the 19th for Indiana jones box set R2 it was listed as in stock and has been for the last 10 days yet its still not appeared.
    Ive emailed them numberous times and got no replies ive phoned and get always a engaged tone and the live chat says no operator available :mad:
    If i get no reply or dvd within 14 days of my order and im going to get trading standards to give them a wake up call :censored:

7. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just carried out a search on their site for The Day After Tomorrow and it's not listed... :thumbsdow

8. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
  9. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I'll stick to Loaded247 for now mate. I orderded Home On The Range & Aladdin yesterday...HOTR arrived this mornig and I've just had a confirmation e mail that Aladdin has been despatched...£13.99 each. :clap:
    Day After Tomorrow is also £13.99 in R2 flavour...but of course isn't in stock as it isn't released for 2 weeks.

10. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some search engines don't like the word The or A so you would put Day After Tomorrow in the browsers, why is the UK edition of Aladdin not DTS like last years Lion King ?

11. ms1974

ms1974

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dont Use this site

I ordered Godfather trilogy & Usual Suspects 15 days ago and not recieved my goods.
    I sent them 2 mails and will wait till tomorrow before complaining to paypal.

MS

12. Throttle

Throttle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Yea ive waited 16 days now still no dvds no replying to any my email and as usual phone is on constant engaged tone :mad:
    Im already onto the trading standards id try contacting them aswell if i was you http://www.consumercomplaints.org.uk/
    i think i'll mail paypal aswell see what they say :rolleyes:

13. cliveg

cliveg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Just had a quick look at SoftXpress...this is the front page now!!

We are currently updating our payment processor.

This work should be complete within a few days.

This work does not effect any orders made prior to the change over
    and we have received all existing orders safely - these will be
    processed as normal.

We apologise for any inconvenience this work has caused you​

That's a bit scary!! :eek:

Cheers,

Clive G​

14. buffy7

buffy7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Chis Please do not use this company as we paid for goods that never arrived.
    we emailed the company no reply
    we phoned the company no reply
    we are currently tracing them back and it is not looking good so please do not loose your money too.

15. Charlton Fan

Charlton Fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi Guys,

I feel real bad at spotting the site now as some of you look like you might have lost out.

Luckily I didn't go with them as I was waiting on other people's experiences, and glad I didn't now"

Hope all works out well for you guys.

Chris

16. cliveg

cliveg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi guys,

Not sure this'll help, but I pinged the web site to get an IP address, then did a search using "whois" and eventually got to this web page. I would guess it's a hosting server, but has some names, addresses and phone numbers.

http://www.ripe.net/perl/whois?form...ng=&searchtext=80.94.197.248&do_search=Search

Anway, as I say, maybe this will help to at least find out what's going on...

Cheers,

Clive G

17. buffy7

buffy7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My husband and I did an IP search last night on this company....they so have to be bogus! I'm in the process of contacting my bank, I have also emailed Nochex (though I doubt they'll do anything!) and if need be, I'll go talk to the Police, which according to someone somewhere on one of these forums, they have already done so...perhaps all those of us who has lost money should do this too? I am really annoyed with myself!

18. dandanah

dandanah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a similar problem with Softxpress, the usual - placed an order for 2 items, paid via paypal on 17th September.

Received 2 emails 22nd September (which seemed to be generated automatically) stating that they relocating to Kent etc.

Sent 2 emails no reply, visited the webpage and found out they are 'Updating their payment system' (Yeah Right!), so after reading the advice on this page, I have logged complaints with PayPal, Kelkoo, Office of Fair Trading, Trading Standards and The BBC's Watchdog.

I have heard back from Trading Standards already via telephone who are looking in to this for me. They have contacted Medway Town and Kent Trading Standards (The Trading Standards Depts for the addresses provided for SoftXpress listed in this forum), but amazingly they claim that no other complaints have been logged against this company!!

I would encourage all of you who are in the same situation as me to contact your LOCAL Trading Standards (Via your local council) and they will liase with Medway Town and Kent Trading Standards. Hopefully the more of us who follow this procedure will increase the pressure for results and apparently if they can't get anywhere your complaint will be automatically forwarded to the police.

For your information, Kelkoo responded to me and advised me that their Relations Team have been in contact with SoftXpress and they have received a possible new contact number - 01634 847 139 that will be available from Wednesday (06/10/04) morning that we can use to contact SoftXpress.

I called this number, but nobody answered - you guys may also want to give this a try also.

If anybody hears anything etc, please keep me posted - hopefully if we work together we can get somewhere... Lets not let them get away with this outrageous behaviour!!!!

19. neleh

neleh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i happen to know the owner of softxpress personally.and couldnt believe the stuff iv read here today on softxpress.
    i was checking sites leading back to softxpress when i came across this board.
    you people really need to get your facts straight before accusing people of scamming and tryin to trace them down on the internet and find out their home addresses...
    if you feel youve really truely been had then its down to the police to sort out.
    The person you are talking about is a family man with 4 young children.
    maybe you should look here
    http://greenroom.nochex.com/showthread.php?t=3341&page=7&pp=10

20. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I remember when star wars was released a few weeks back i tried to phone this company,but got only a recorded message that they were "in the process of moving(????)and it would not affect any orders(?),and you cant use this number to leave messages".Tried this all week and got the same message :nono:
    While this company may be genuine,they seem like one of these dodgy shops that pop up selling very cheap stuff and you go away with crap!!

AVOID AT ALL COST :lesson: :censored: :rolleyes:

21. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,491
    But the real problem was lack of communication.

I have seen the replies by the guy on nochex forum and can understand his problems and that it should be taken into account, family man, not a scammer etc etc.

But why was no one ever contacted. That is the real reason for the start of everyone trying to trace him. If he had sent an email to all the customers informing them of the problems and answered his phone then I am sure hardly any of the stuff going round the net would exist now. Whatever excuse there is for not fulfilling customer's orders, I can't see any excuse for not emailing or speaking to concerned customers other than trying to avoid the issue.

Greg

22. valhalla

valhalla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can tell you which site I WON'T be using now - this one: AVForums.

Since they've made te DVD section secondary, I'm going elsewhere.

Seeya.

23. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,477
    well, it always was a hardware site to begin with......

24. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,491
    :offtopic:

That's a bit extreme! Just because the forum homepage has been rearranged doesn't mean any section of these forums are any less important than the others. I would hope you might reconsider.

25. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193

I'd agree - It's not called DVDForum after all - Kinda figured it encompassed the whole AV scene.......must be just me.

26. HMHB

HMHB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,964
    Well, thats it, the Sun has moved their telly listings page, so I'm not buying it anymore :laugh:

27. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Bugger! It's bad enough trying to find the crossword! :laugh: :laugh:

Valhalla, why don't you do what I did (following advice on here), and save the AV Food section as a bookmark, by right clicking the link on the main forum index? Then you can still go straight to it. :)

28. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Is it me or did you miss the huge softexpress thread that was 50+ pages long???? Did everyone get there nochex back?

29. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    I Got mine back :thumbsup: