1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you use copied DVDs

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by graham.myers, Sep 9, 2002.

?
  1. Yes, most definately

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. No, absolutely not

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  3. Maybe, depending on the disc

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now that DVD writers are coming down in price and standard DVD players are able to read the writable media, I just wondered if anybody would buy a copied movie disc.

Copied console games discs are prevelent as are bootlleg VHS, but given the almost perfect copies DVD-R offers I suspect a lot of people will go that route.

I wouldn't personally, as I like the whole package not just the film. I must say though that some of the silvers I've seen from the east look very good compared to the original.

2. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No. If it was a film/DVD that I didn't think worth buying, I'd simply rent it... which around here costs about £2.50 per night. I'm not mad on extras so only need it for one evening.

I hate copies anyway, no matter how 'close' to the original they are.

3. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I totally agree.

It worse for PCs and software. 'cos I "work" in computers the number of people who say ooo you've got ms office can I have a copy

They can't understand it when I rant at them, they think its perfectly reasonable

4. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    seeing as i cant vote for some reason lol i would say no way copys suck end of

5. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Folks,

I'm sorry, but for legal reasons, I'm going to have to close this thread. Whilst I fully understand and accept this issue being discussed, sadly there are too many pitfalls that could end up with either the Forum Staff or the Magazine Staff dealing with legal wranglings.

As such, this thread is closed.

Neither AVForums, Home Cinema Choice nor any of its related publications and/or staff can be held accountable for anyone who may choose to say "Yes, I would use pirated DVD's/CD, et al". It's just too risky. And the same people can't be seen to be endorsing piracy in any way, shape or form

Sorry, folks!

Pooch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.