Would you trust this man with £50 million

Discussion in 'Sport' started by city fan, May 1, 2007.

1. city fan

city fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    stuart pearce.jpg

It has been reported by Greater Manchester Radio this morning that if the Ex Thai Prime Minister takes over at Manchester City the incumbent manager would have £50 million at his disposal to spend. This is without any Sky money.

Based on his previous dabbles in the transfer market can Stuart Prearce be trusted to get it right? They'll be no second chance this time, City have to get it right. So is he the right man for the job, if City get the investement?

2. adam4478

adam4478

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    the papers said this morning that they expected the 1st thing that would be done was that he'd be outed!!! not that the papers always get it right but i guess you're not the only one thinking that :)

3. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    I'd be more worried by the prospect of a man taking over at City who was booted out of his last job, and the country, for being corrupt. Hardly someone I'd want handling my clubs affairs. Liverpool seem to have come to the same conclusion....

4. Abbeygoo

Abbeygoo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,167
    The short answer is 'NO'. Not a chance.

Pearce's record in the transfer market is very poor in my opinion. Try these for size : Hamann, Dabo, Trabelsi, Samaras, Corradi, Beasley, Dickov. And add to that the players that have left ...... :suicide:

Bye bye Psycho.

5. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    i was going to say the same thing.when you live in exile and you are outed by a coup not to mention the old amnesty international bunch where after you i wouldn`t say he`s some one you would want to have owning a side imho.im made up we never got him.i would imagine there would be some really **** taking songs on the terraces lol.

6. city fan

city fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    I couldn't give a monkeys where the money comes from, as long as there's lots of it.

I'm sure all the men who have bought clubs are not whiter than white, and I include both the owners of Man U and Chelsea, I'm sure the Russian has/is being investigated regards some dodgy dealings with oil in Russia.

We need the investement and someone who can spend it well....

7. Abbeygoo

Abbeygoo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,167
    Well, if you're not doing anything from July onwards....... I'll put it to the board that we have 2 new joint team managers for City - first project, to sort out those rubbish Samsung plasmas showing half time highlights, they are poor!

8. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    good point and im more than sure our new owners have dont some dirty deeds in the past but im not sure amnesty international were involved and neither of them our in exile :rotfl: i mean,christ,booted out your own country:eek:

9. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    What a daft comment. And this is why so many clubs get up a certain creek. The fans want 'wonga nah', and the clubs take on any fool, as long as he (apparently) has plenty of dough. Have we learnt nothing as fans? Time and time again these guys come in, buy clubs up, then within a few years either lose interest and leave the club in the lurch, turn out to be not quite as rich as they made out and the clubs in even deeper doo, or like or friend Mr former Thai leader, have their fingers involved in money that isn't clean, and 'whoops', the police are at the door.

Yes, we all want to see our clubs doing better, but allowing some crook to come in and potentially make things worse is surely the suicide solution? :suicide:

Man City fans of all people should surely be wise to spendaholics and bad investors?:confused:

10. city fan

city fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    It's not a daft comment. I don't care where the money comes from. It's up to Wardle and Makin, the directors to ensure they are getting the best deal and ensure the future of the club is secure.

We have to trust them to do that. I don't think they'll sell to someone they think will make things worse.

Bottom line City need transfer funds and someone who can spend it well. Yes I've seen City spend crazey money on underated players, Steve Daley and Lee Badbuy spring to mind, but we need the money otherwise its going to be years of medicroty and crap football.

11. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    As before, that's exactly why so many clubs are in a mess, and supporters with a bit of grey matter are worried about takeovers by US 'investors'. Not caring with the money comes from has led so many clubs near to ruin I despair when I still hear it being said so casually.

But then it's your club, not mine. So it'll be your tears being shed if it all goes pear shaped. If you don't see it coming that is.............

I wouldn't trust anyone touting for foreign investors. In particular when they are inviting in ones with a portfolio so shady you need a torch to read it.