• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Would you trust a car that could drive itself?

jclough

Standard Member
Hi there,

I'm sure you've all heard about the work google, and more recently oxford university, have been doing in creating cars that can drive themselves. With the cars having driven 100's of thousands of miles on US roads and the technology nearly ready for the mass market one question remains, would the public ever trust such driverless vehicles?

For my masters dissetation at Newcastle University that is what I'm looking into, so I'd love to hear what everyone's opinions on the technology are. To this end I have created a survey that I would really appreciate if you took 5-10 minutes to answer:

Survey temporarily removed

There are some personality questions at the end but it will all remain anonymous, resrearch has shown that driving habits and personality are strongly related which is why these questions are asked.

In addition it'd be really nice to get some feedback about what you guys think on here and maybe get a debate going over different people's views. Personally I think it could be great but there's still many issues to address such as who is responsible for accidents and insurance. What are your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom