1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you swap Mission M72 for Sony Pascal 835s?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Bristol Pete, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Moving into a new flat on saturday and at present I am not sure if I can accomodate my Mission M72 set which comprises of the stand mounted M72s, the M7ds and the m7cs along with the stancette stands.

I have been offered the Sony 835s at a nice price which I can also get lowered by part exchanging against the missions.

However, what sort of sonic sacrifice would I be making if I were to trade them. Ultimately, they may suit the flat better simply due to the size if that makes sense. I know they have had mixed reviews, some love, some hate, but I theorise that some sound is better than no sound.

So, in summary, has anyone switched speakers like this before now?If yes, please advise.

Thanks,

Cap.

PS, I would keep my REL Quake.

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I wouldn't touch the Pascals with a barge pole! :nono: Bright, harsh and very unnatural sounding.

How about a set of Mission M71's or even the little M70's? I have both M72 and M70's - very likable & even the baby-sized (and wall-mountable) M70's are a big step up from the Sony tins.

If you can afford a bit more, the new Mission M30's look very well made and should be a step up in sound quality from the M7 range too.