Question Would you return this? Any sound quality impact?

Would you return it (knowing you would spend $300 to buy a new one)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tjsilva

Standard Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Bought a pair of klipsch RP-280FA from Adorama. One of the speakers came severely damaged as shown in the pic below.

There was no information at all about this damage and Adorama is willing to receive it back.

The problem is that this was the last item. A new one will cost me $300 more.

So, although I hate this damage, I was wondering if it is bad enough to justify spending that much money for a new one.

Does anyone know if this damage can possibly interfere with sound quality? If so, I am definitely returning. If it is just cosmetic, then I might consider putting something to cover it.

What do you guys think?

Many thanks in advance.

Thiago
IMG_4607.JPG
IMG_4606.JPG

Since this problem is no fault of your own, they should honor the original selling price and give you a replacement free of charge. If they want to file an insurance claim against the shipper, who is likely at fault, they can do that. But I feel they should honor the original selling price.

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited:
Thank you Steve. I think so too. Nice to know that you think the same way. I will definitely try this route, but wanted to learn whether this damage could affect sound quality or not so I can make a better decision.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom