Would you pay for an Elite DS4 ?

Would you pay for an Elite DS4 Controller?

• Yes, absolutely!

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • No, not at all!

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

raduv1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
With MS releasing the elite controller for the X1 and it being well recieved would you like Sony to do the same for the PS4.

Sony really seems to be courting the FPS MP market this gen with Destiny, COD and Battlefront. Should they up it for the players with an elite controller ?

Last edited:
The fact you can't add extra buttons. Only move from one part to another is a let down. That and the ridiculous price means I'm out.

Oh and @thesilverfox you know what to do with the title lol

I would pay for a better quality pad yeah but not £130, possibly a slight redesign as I'm finding it a bit more uncomfortable lately.

The fact you can't add extra buttons. Only move from one part to another is a let down. That and the ridiculous price means I'm out.

Oh and @thesilverfox you know what to do with the title lol

Damn fella hope they never make you a mod :eek: games section will be bare bones :laugh:

Makes me want to create a badly titled thread........

Thread title tidied. And might help if you added a poll. So I did that for you.

I would. I'm currently trying to talk myself out of buying a Scuf controller.

I don't need it. I'm certainly not good enough at PvP to seriously benefit from it.

If Sony released an elite DS4 there is no way I couldn't NOT buy it.

Thread title tidied. And might help if you added a poll. So I did that for you.

Your a gent :smashin: i was a little pie eyed at the time :).

Cheers fella .

I would.

I have purchased a Scuf and a SharQ to see which feels better.

I have had previous controllers allowing me to not remove thumb from the stick, I can't play claw due to issues with my hand so I thought it was time to buy a controller to help reduce pains I get in my right hand.

Yes. Providing sony made one that was friendly for FPS gaming and didn't give you hand cramps. Seen lots of people say the same as me that the gap between sticks and triggers is just wrong for FPS games. The X1 controller is the best controller I've ever used and the elite is out of this world.

Trigger stops and paddles are great and do give you a competitive advantage. The overall quality of it is great.

So if Sony sat down with pro gamers and made a similar FPS oriented controller that was more ergonomic for that sort of gaming with paddles and trigger stops then yes I'd buy it.

It depends on what they add but going by the improvements made by the Xbox One Elite controller, I'd get a PS4 one.

A first party controller would be much better though. For that to work you need to buy an XBox One Elite controller and the device to allow it to work on a PS4 and you'd be loosing functionality. No track pad and no light bar would mean that it wouldn't work as well as a first party one.

I bought an Elite controller and love it, it's the best controller I've ever used. As I said in the Elite controller thread though, if it had just been for the extra functionality of the controller, back paddles, changeable sticks & D-pad, trigger stops and stored profiles, I probably wouldn't have gone for it. The big pull for me was the increased functionality PLUS a massive step up in quality. If Sony did the same with a DS4 I'd fully recommend it.

Could you set that device up so that it works on both the Xbox and the PS4 though?, I constantly flip between consoles so I couldn't be having to reconfigure the controller to work with the machine I'm playing every time. It's not like I could go out and spend £240 on two Elite pads either.

It is a bit of a no-brainer for Sony to do this. The Xbox One elite controller is sold out virtually everywhere with retailers warning people pre-ordering now that they may be waiting till 2016 for one. There is huge demand for these things.

Ultimately nobody has to buy one but it is definitely good to have the choice.

The only downside is that the elite is so good that there is no way I can ever go back to a normal controller which means I'm locked into buying another elite if it ever breaks. But I guess the price will drop over time.

So long as they do the twisty analogue sticks to tighten/loosen resistance (like Razer did with Onza), I'd buy one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom