Would you import a plasma from Germany?

WSH

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at the TH-50 PHD 8 EK __here__ which comes in at £2,749.60 inc delivery. I'm wondering if it would be sensible to buy from Germany.

Why not, we live on an island and most things are shipped here inc the [Swearing - edited Ekko Star, please read forum rules] weather.

Try and find a retailer that someone has used, the savings are there for all to see.

Sorry, i said s----y :oops:

The site you mention is a reliable one, derived from personal experience since I have purchased my whole AV set from them. Shipping expenses amount to only GBP 50 and they deliver by track, not courier. My package arrived in a wooden pallette, the screen box stacked standing up so no damage could be inflicted. Also they accept credit cards (they only charge your card when the goods are actually shipped) so it makes the whole payment process very easy.

The only negative is that they do not always have in stock what you order, and it could be that you have to wait 30 or more days for delivery. So try to get level with them about delivery times so you dont end up sending repeated emails about what happened to your order.

That is seriously interesting..What happens in the event of a duff screen?

Your calculated price doesnt seem to include VAT.

Which by my reconing would make it £3212 including delivery. Still cheaper than Uk, though if something breaks then you have go sne dit back to Germany which would be expensive.

The AV-Sales model is £3482 , so for the extra £200 (which is negligible on the overall price) you get piece of mind and good service...

IMHO, false economy to buy from germany.

think panasonic now have pan european warranty so panny uk can deal with any defects/problems

pprovart said:
Your calculated price doesnt seem to include VAT.

Which by my reconing would make it £3212 including delivery. Still cheaper than Uk, though if something breaks then you have go sne dit back to Germany which would be expensive.

The AV-Sales model is £3482 , so for the extra £200 (which is negligible on the overall price) you get piece of mind and good service...

IMHO, false economy to buy from germany.

Well, the quoted price does indeed include VAT. So the end price delivered to your door is aproximately GBP 2,765 - a whoping savings of GBP 716 you can use to buy a state of the art AV receiver!

Also Panasonic ships all their models with a PanEuropean warranty.

I've bought from reliable sources in Hong Kong on ebay and had very smooth and cheap transactions so don't rule it out.

However, you have to careful of both VAT and import duties and as I cannot read German I cannot tell if that includes it or not.

Also note that credit card protection only covers UK transactions and does not cover overseas trans - with most card companies.

VAT will be added at point of sale, so you would pay germanys VAT rate on the item, and also, as they are part of the EU, there shouldn't be any import duties either AFAIA.

regards
Gary

If you look carefully on the bottom right side of the page it does say All prices include VAT.

My pe30 came from germany. Bought it at netonnet.de and could not be more happy. Just bear in mind that you would have to pay in advance and shipping costs (to portugal) are 100 euros up to 120Kg.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom