Would you buy new set of KEF1005 for £150

M

milkybarkid99

Hi all

regular reader of forums and wanted some advice please if poss.

I currently have a Denon 1706 Amp, Tsunami TS300 subwoofer and some satellites from my old Panasonic SCHT500 system. (New Starter)

I have the opportunity of buy a new KEF1005 system - discontinued no I think (Satellites and woofer) and was wondering if this would be a good purchase? Also I am wondering if it was worth keeping my existing woofer which I am very impressed with as I have heard that the woofer with the KEF system is ok but not great.

Finally, and I know I will be slated, do I need to buy some quality cable as I have been using crap cable from a local electrical shop and wondered if the difference would be noticeable to my untrained ear? (what is best cable at the cheapest price?)

Any help would be greatly apprciated.

Cheers

Sean

Petrushka

Hi all

regular reader of forums and wanted some advice please if poss.

I currently have a Denon 1706 Amp, Tsunami TS300 subwoofer and some satellites from my old Panasonic SCHT500 system. (New Starter)

I have the opportunity of buy a new KEF1005 system - discontinued no I think (Satellites and woofer) and was wondering if this would be a good purchase?
Go to a sound shop and ask whether you can listen to the sound of a movie and some familiar music. Then, while listening, ask the salesperson to switch between a set 1005 and a set 2005 to and fro.

This should convince you not to take the 1005's even if you get them for free.

Helicon

Banned
The 1005's are far from perfect, but they'll be as good as you're going to get from a lifestyle package for £150. If you have more, shop around though.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom