1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would You Buy Another Hitachi 42PD5200

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Sul, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Sul

Sul
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've ordered a 42PD5200 after reading rave review upon rave review. It seemed the dogs.

Of course, after ordering and dishing out the greenbacks, I stumbed across this site and a few others, and having read more and more and then some about my impending arrival, Im getting kinda worried.

For some people £2k is not a lot of money, for me its a fair amount, and if the screen turned out to give anything less than a cracking picture - I'll be pretty unhappy to have a 2 grand pile of keek on the wall.

With all that sorry story told - becuase of a supplier cock up, I have been given a chance to cancel my order or swap to another model.

Could I ask any of the 42PD5?00 owners if yours was stolen today - would you replace it with the same model? Seems to be much love on these forums for the Panny's but for my money and eyesight, when I was in the shop, the hitachi just looked the best (over other plasmas and way beyond LCD's)

Thoughts much appreciated.

Mark Sullivan

2. Welly123

Welly123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Mark,

I've had a 42PD5200 for just over one month, having compared to Panasonic and Pioneer before buying, I would certainly have another one :thumbsup: . Nearly half the price for (in my view) better image quality, I would treat it as a no-brainer.

Regards

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Till it goes wrong of course.

4. jammyb2004

jammyb2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    ours was turned on, on xmas eve. looks great.

only annoying thing is programmed the sky+ remote to it and when u press the sky button or tv guide/services/interactive it presses 7 & 4 and takes me to channel 74 on the tv and in the background on AV4 it goes to where i told the box to go to so i have to pull out the tv remote and press av4.

kinda defeating the point.

anyone got any solutions to my little problem?

other than that, its a great picture. cracking for LOTR and just the presence of it in the room is enough too.

GET ONE. it has HDTV capabilities through DVI input and it is asthetically pleasing too.

jammy

edit: fixed remote prob. had programmed the code into "select & green" as well as "select & red" removed the green one and voila! perfect workin sky remote. heheh

5. azs

azs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mounted ours on the wall about 2 weeks ago - very very pleased, wish I had cabled for DVI/HDMI, but thats my fault, not the telly.
    The sound is unbeleivable from the supplied speakers, the picture is cracking, a couple of "digital artifacts" are visible, but generally, only if you're examining the picture, I've never noticed in normal viewing - and have never ever noticed the motion smearing that lots of panels suffer from.
    hope this helps - I'd buy another - especially when you think about the price - mine came from hificonfidential in london for just over 2k including delivery - excellent.

6. Grand Dizzy

Grand Dizzy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sul,
    ABSOLUTELY DEFINITELY POSITIVELY YES!

I have a Hitachi 42PD5200 and it's beautiful and I would gladly have paid £2,200 for it even if it only lasts a couple of years. The Hitachi beats the Panasonic models as it has a much higher resolution.

7. Sicilian

Sicilian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Maybe worth waiting till new year for hitachi's cos they are bringing out a whole new range. The panels are gonnna be upgraded.