Would you buy a Tivo w/o remote?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by swarrans, Jan 2, 2003.

Tags:
  1. swarrans

swarrans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's a local Comet that has a new Tivo but they've lost the remote control, instructions etc and therefore may be open to a super low offer....
    Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a remote control for it (or get the codes for a Pronto?...)
    I'm sure the lack of instructions wouldn't be an issue either by PDF download or a kind fellow forum member sending a photocopy!

I really wanted to get one of those stunning £99 offers, but I can't find any left (not suprisingly)

Cheers,

Simon

2. Michael Brown

Michael Brown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The manual is available for download from Gary Seagents Tivo site. The lack of remote may be a problem as i tried to teach the Tivo remote commands to my Philips SBC880 with no joy. I heard you can buy these from Tivo though i am not sure how much it would cost.

3. Michael Brown

Michael Brown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    iff you have a pronto I can email you the file or you can downloan it from remote central

5. swarrans

swarrans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks chaps - still thinking about it (I expect the dongles will be missing too, so it may not end up being much of a bargain anyway).
    I haven't got a Pronto yet (the Tivo purchase would be the thing that decided me to get one if it can re-produce all the necessary Tivo remote commands).

Comet may not be prepared to sell it to me anyway - but Imay try offering them £50 and see if they go for it.

Thanks again,

Simon

6. swarrans

swarrans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I've managed to locate a new Tivo - so I've placed an order. I hope they're as good as you all say!
    I mainly want it as a higher quality recorder because plasma (which I'm about to buy) looks so terrible with a VCR.

Thanks again,

Simon