Would you buy a Tivo w/o remote?

swarrans

Standard Member
Reaction score
There's a local Comet that has a new Tivo but they've lost the remote control, instructions etc and therefore may be open to a super low offer....
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a remote control for it (or get the codes for a Pronto?...)
I'm sure the lack of instructions wouldn't be an issue either by PDF download or a kind fellow forum member sending a photocopy!

I really wanted to get one of those stunning £99 offers, but I can't find any left (not suprisingly)

Cheers,

Simon

The manual is available for download from Gary Seagents Tivo site. The lack of remote may be a problem as i tried to teach the Tivo remote commands to my Philips SBC880 with no joy. I heard you can buy these from Tivo though i am not sure how much it would cost.

iff you have a pronto I can email you the file or you can downloan it from remote central

Thanks chaps - still thinking about it (I expect the dongles will be missing too, so it may not end up being much of a bargain anyway).
I haven't got a Pronto yet (the Tivo purchase would be the thing that decided me to get one if it can re-produce all the necessary Tivo remote commands).

Comet may not be prepared to sell it to me anyway - but Imay try offering them £50 and see if they go for it.

Thanks again,

Simon

I think I've managed to locate a new Tivo - so I've placed an order. I hope they're as good as you all say!
I mainly want it as a higher quality recorder because plasma (which I'm about to buy) looks so terrible with a VCR.

Thanks again,

Simon

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom