• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Would you buy a Mazda 3?

the_fall_guy

Standard Member
I'm seriously thinking about it. I currently have a Honda Civic, it's now 5 years old since manufacture. Thing about it is that repairs and servicing are expensive. The MAzda 3 seems to be just as reliable, parts and servicing are cheapear and the car itself is £1500-£2000 cheaper than the Civic on average. The Mazda 3 has higher spec than the Honda Civic. Also, residuals are just about as high as the Civic.

So who would recommend a Mazda 3? Anyone own or previously owned one? Anyone care to just give their opinion?

Dom996

I don't recall a Fiesta looking like a 121. The Kia Pride was a rebadged 121. I know as I had one and literally the only difference was the badge.

In case it's of interest, our family car is a Mazda Premacy and it's a great piece of kit and wasn't overly expensive. :smashin:

RobDickinson

Dom mazda did infact sell a rebadged fiesta as a 121, was the previous model fiesta.

The Mazda 3 is a cracking car, I prefer it to the new focus (same platform) , engines are ok (1.4, 1.6 & 2.0) the MPS are a bit quick but pricey (doubt the OP would consider one).

The 3 doesnt have the independant rear suspension the focus has I dont think thats the biggest mechanical disadvantage.

Mazda are also dirt cheap to maintain & silly reliable.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom