Would you buy a car without test driving it?

To the OP, if you can't drive it yourself, I'd at least want the dealer to take you out in it so you can see/hear it put through it's paces.

Oh and that Octavia has some of the worst alloys I've ever seen, and it needs to drop at least 40/60mm just to not look ridiculous.

Every other day when i share the car with my other half. It was one thing I was looking forward to when I had the 245 on order.
Instead we've got electric adjustable seats in the Qashqai which take an age to move back and forward before I can get in.

this. We have electric seats in my wife’s C5 Aircross which aren’t memory, so takes ages to readjust and set up each time.

memory seats in the Octavia would mean we could both drive it and just jump in and go.

I count 9 245 editions on Autotrader, hatch and estate. Ok so not many but they will all have driver's electric memory seat

care to link a few? How many available in auto and a hatchback? Just wondering how I tell the difference between an “edition” version and a standard 245 with memory seats fitted as an extra?

@noiseboy72
You were right - how did you arrive at that conclusion though? Interested in knowing what the clues were.
Low miles, 1 year old. Performance cars are usually leased if disposed of this quickly as private buyers will generally hold on to them a little longer. Very unusual to find company cars with this level of performance. We're restricted to a maximum of 300bhp at any pay grade.

There are so many M140i's for sale now as they were very cheap on finance. You got anywhere upto 25% of RRP. 5 door auto shadow editions were £349 down £349 a month on 4 year PCP before they stopped making them.

There are so many M140i's for sale now as they were very cheap on finance. You got anywhere upto 25% of RRP. 5 door auto shadow editions were £349 down £349 a month on 4 year PCP before they stopped making them.

blimey!!

The thing hiking my pcp monthly cost up is the fact I need 15k miles a year!

Apart from colour (not sure if I love or hate it) this ticks a lot of boxes. Heated front AND rear seats, electronic front seats and mirror, digital display and dynamic chassis control which is as rare has hens teeth it would appear.

That's over priced in my opinion when you can buy a brand new vRS Estate for £24400 according to coast2coast cars. Hatch doesnt seem to be an option but I'd try carwow also.

Interestingly I was just trying to find a brand new vrs on the skoda website - but can’t see them on there? New model coming out? Can’t see them on carwow either.

Although have just found this which has heated seats in front and digital display

Only thing I would have liked which I don’t think it does have is rear parking sensors (camera would be awesome but that’s being picky).

seems a reasonable price?

New Octavia is due for release July. All vRS have rear sensors, front were an option (standard on 245 edition)

What is the button I sometimes see on some models then that I think is on the bottom row, second in from the left, in the little panel of buttons just above the gear stick?

I think it has a “P” on it, which I assume was something to do with parking sensors that you could deactivate?

I’ve asked for more details on the green one above (the cheaper green one) - will see what they come back with.

You only get the Parking Aid button if it has front sensors. The other P steering button is Park Assist for auto parking.

Had it for years and never once even tried it.

this. We have electric seats in my wife’s C5 Aircross which aren’t memory, so takes ages to readjust and set up each time.

memory seats in the Octavia would mean we could both drive it and just jump in and go.
Exchanging your wife might be easier 😂 We do not have to adjust our seats. It was one of the requirements 👍

Wouldn’t bother me one bit if it’s a lease car, what’s the difference between that and PCP/Finance that the buyer has no intention of actually keeping?

I‘ve got a new Megane RS 300 Trophy on order, £245 a month fully maintained on a 9+23 lease. And it won’t get battered, I look after my cars regardless. :)

Agreed. Besides, modern cars have plenty of integrated protection to stop you from doing stupid things with it.

I fancy changing my 4 year old Golf mk7 for a petrol Tiguan Match for easier access for we oldies - a bit large though. Would like one with DSG but have heard of their slow speed manoeuvrability problems and jerkiness.

I fancy changing my 4 year old Golf mk7 for a petrol Tiguan Match for easier access for we oldies - a bit large though. Would like one with DSG but have heard of their slow speed manoeuvrability problems and jerkiness.
As I mentioned before. I’ve probably done 45K miles in two DSG equipped cars. Never had an slow speed manoeuvrability issue nor jerkiness.

Don’t get me wrong, you can make it “jerk” with a bad driving style. But when you appreciate what it is and what the technology does then it will be bitterly smooth and you can drive it mainly with your right foot.

As I mentioned before. I’ve probably done 45K miles in two DSG equipped cars. Never had an slow speed manoeuvrability issue nor jerkiness.

Don’t get me wrong, you can make it “jerk” with a bad driving style. But when you appreciate what it is and what the technology does then it will be bitterly smooth and you can drive it mainly with your right foot.
I've read that in slow moving traffic one needs to leave gaps when crawling such that one can move forward with clutches fully engaged - I suppose a bit like a manual only moving when you know you can let clutch fully out?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom