Quantcast

Would you accept this offer Pioneer 5090?

GooN3r

Guys

I need some quick feedback re purchasing a Pioneer PDPLX5090, I have been offered a display model (less than 6 months old wall mounted) inc ped stand and sound bar for £1900. The warranty will be started when purchased lasting for 12 months.

Knowing how hard it is to find these in stock would you take this offer up, the thought of being able to take it home today is clouding my judgement?

GooN3r

That was my initial feeling but £1899 is the cheapest I can find it and everyone I have called said they don't have it in stock and can't give any indication when they will get more.

I have no use for the sound bar or ped stand so I would sell them on, they are brand new and boxed.

Last edited:

klythawk

That was my initial feeling but £1899 is the cheapest I can find it and everyone I have called said they don’t have it in stock and can't give any indication when they will get more.

I have no use for the sound bar or ped stand so I would sell them on, they are brand new and boxed.
If you really want it then get it, dosen't matter what others think. ;)

Eitzel

Guys

I need some quick feedback re purchasing a Pioneer PDPLX5090, I have been offered a display model (less than 6 months old wall mounted) inc ped stand and sound bar for £1900. The warranty will be started when purchased lasting for 12 months.

Knowing how hard it is to find these in stock would you take this offer up, the thought of being able to take it home today is clouding my judgement?
If it works and looks in a good state, then why not? They won't be around for much longer and indeed, are getting really hard to find. Good luck.

Coffin

Distinguished Member
I'd say get it, as that's still a big chunk cheaper than release price. And obviously soon there won't be any left.

The warranty is pretty important tho, even more so on a unit that's not brand new. Can you get it extended?

Or a 500a :D (600a?!) :devil:

Gedd

Novice Member
If it had a 5yr warranty yes....otherwise NO!.

bigtree

Novice Member
I bought the 5090 in March and now that i have set it up in my lounge we realise we should have went for the 6090 if i can source one locally i will sell mine for what i paid for it.I have the 5 year pioneer warranty and live in Glasgow.

GooN3r

I bought the 5090 in March and now that i have set it up in my lounge we realise we should have went for the 6090 if i can source one locally i will sell mine for what i paid for it.I have the 5 year pioneer warranty and live in Glasgow.
Thanks for that, I am going to try richer sounds but let me know if you manage to get a 6090 and decide to sell the 5090. That said Glasgow is a fair trek from Watford.:eek:

E9 Smooth

Novice Member
Thanks for that, I am going to try richer sounds but let me know if you manage to get a 6090 and decide to sell the 5090. That said Glasgow is a fair trek from Watford.:eek:
Hey Gooner im a Gunner too :clap:...

..Anyway, Currys (superstore) sell the display model for £1800 in Hemel and they have two on display. They also come with sound bar aswell. They also have only 1 years warranty. Always check that youor happy with the appearance i.e. scatches. If it looks new its basically new, you know where its been (i.e non-smoking environment), the only problem is you dont get a box and you dont have the pleasure of running in your tv :rolleyes: . Anyway only you are gonna know its ex-display unless you tell someone, its not like someone can walk in the room and know its ex display :) .

Also, the PC World in your local retail park might also have one on ex-display, it should be the same price.

Moreover someone asked about the 6090, you can buy it from Hi Spek (online), you have to purchase instore to get the 5 yrs warranty which unfortunetly its quite far from Glasgow :( .

Gooner you can also purchase a brand new 5090 from Hi Spek, its also in your distance (boarder line St Albans and Hatfield, on Hatfield Road) and yes you can get 5yrs warranty when purchased instore, but call to check stock.

But keep in mind Currys do price match and subtract 10% of the difference of other shops that have a cheaper price (AKA Price Promise). Keep that in mind for future reference.

Hope that helped :cool:

GooN3r

Hey Gooner im a Gunner too :clap:...

..Anyway, Currys (superstore) sell the display model for £1800 in Hemel and they have two on display. They also come with sound bar aswell. They also have only 1 years warranty. Always check that youor happy with the appearance i.e. scatches. If it looks new its basically new, you know where its been (i.e non-smoking environment), the only problem is you dont get a box and you dont have the pleasure of running in your tv :rolleyes: . Anyway only you are gonna know its ex-display unless you tell someone, its not like someone can walk in the room and know its ex display :) .

Also, the PC World in your local retail park might also have one on ex-display, it should be the same price.

Moreover someone asked about the 6090, you can buy it from Hi Spek (online), you have to purchase instore to get the 5 yrs warranty which unfortunetly its quite far from Glasgow :( .

Gooner you can also purchase a brand new 5090 from Hi Spek, its also in your distance (boarder line St Albans and Hatfield, on Hatfield Road) and yes you can get 5yrs warranty when purchased instore, but call to check stock.

But keep in mind Currys do price match and subtract 10% of the difference of other shops that have a cheaper price (AKA Price Promise). Keep that in mind for future reference.

Hope that helped :cool:
E9 Smooth

thanks for the Hi Spek recommendation, I drove over there this morning and puchased a brand new 5090 taking advantage of the 5 year warranty. Paid an extra £20 to have it delieverd in the next couple of hours:clap:

staffspete

Novice Member
Hi mate , have you tried Sevenoaks Sound and Vision on the St Albans road??
I got mine from there last month and they had it in store for me within 3 days.

Mecoconuts

Standard Member
Did you manage to get a 6090 ?

I'd be interested in the 5090 for the right price ....and i can easily collect it !! :thumbsup:

huntaaar

Novice Member
Guys

I would say too much.. just think of al those grubby fingers that will of been all over your new toy!

Simon-2k

Novice Member
Makes my £1645 with 5yr warranty 5090 look cheap (Was back in december) :D

Mecoconuts

Standard Member
Makes my £1645 with 5yr warranty 5090 look cheap (Was back in december) :D
Am interested but i'm too far away ...i'm in Edinburgh... i hate to think how much the shipping cost would be ....let alone the risk of damage in transit...

Without getting personal ...why are you selling it bud ? ....Have you had problems with it ?

Simon-2k

Novice Member
Am interested but i'm too far away ...i'm in Edinburgh... i hate to think how much the shipping cost would be ....let alone the risk of damage in transit...

Without getting personal ...why are you selling it bud ? ....Have you had problems with it ?
I'm not, thats what I paid for a brand new one