1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would upgrading cable be worth increase in sound quality?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Pbryanw, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I currently have a MS Genie system hooked up to a Denon 2105. I have a bit of money to spare so I thought I might spend it on cable for my front and center speakers. The cable I am using at the moment is QED Micro Speaker cable. I was wondering if I upgraded to something like QED Silver Anniversary or Chord Carnival Silver Plus would I be able to hear an increase in sound quality and would this be worth paying the extra for?

Also if I did buy new cable should it be the same length. My speakers are 2 metres and less away from my receiver so should they all be cut to the same length?

Thanks in advance.

Val

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I am willing to bet that you wouldn't hear any difference at all between QED Micro and Silver Anniversary.

The theory goes that all lengths of cable should be the same length so that the sound traveling down the cable reaches the ends of each cable at the same time. Again you wouldn't hear any difference unless one was ridiculously longer than the others

3. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Good, didn't know the difference it might make. I think in that case the money would be better spent on upgrading my computer (again).