1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would u recommend buying LG RZ42PX11 from Richer Sounds

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by tags, Jan 21, 2005.

1. tags

tags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

First post etc etc.....

I am looking at buying the LG RZ42PX11 from Richer Sounds. I get the impression (from reading posts on here) that Richer Sounds is not a good place to buy from. They have the LG at 1349.00 plus extend the warranty to 3 years for and extra 10% of purchase price i.e. 134.90. They have not got them in stock for another week or two, but that suits me. Only other place iu have seen it "cheap" is on tv and video direct at 1440. Not sure about the warranty though. Hopefully, the new ones that Richer get in stock will be the latest firmwares etc.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

tags

2. mike.jones

mike.jones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have placed my order with John Lewis @ Bristol, they are waiting for stock to arrive. I got them to pricematch & have got mine for £1349.95 inc 5 year warranty.
    Why not try them as you have to wait for RS to stock?
    Just spend a bit of time checking prices through Kelkoo, Pricecheck etc. :thumbsup:

3. [Lostit]Bazza

[Lostit]Bazza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Mike, who did you price match with, I was in the Liverpool store and have one ordered like you have, but the provisonal price agreed is £1599. which at the time was matched with Comet. They mentioed that they would price match lower, however the company that they would match must have a 'shop front' and not just internet based.

Any advise is greatfully received.

4. mike.jones

mike.jones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. tags

tags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good call mike. No sooner had i read the post, i was on the phone to John Lewis. Luckily, i am in manchester and both john lewis and richer sounds are a equal distance from me (and nearly an equal distance from each other as well). I think the price match has to be with a store who is within 30 miles and has it in stock. Richer sounds did not have it in stock, but neither do John Lewis. I just hope they dont pick up on the warranty, as if they are matching the price, they might want to match the warranty as well. Still seems a good deal at 1599 though with 5 year warranty.

Anyway, they took my details and told me they only price match in writing so they would be writing to me to let me know if they will match Richer Sounds (is this what they do for you Mike??)

John Lewis also said they would have to order it in as they do not have it in stock. Does this mean it will be of the latest firmware etc, or will it come from a stockpile of old units?

Regards,

tags

6. mike.jones

mike.jones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did all of my pricematch over the phone, they phoned me back the next day with a refrence number. I then phoned the Bristol branch gave them the No, & they ordered 1 for me @ the pricematch price.
    I now have an order No & they will phone me when it is in, only then do I have to pay.

It should be the newr version.

7. [Lostit]Bazza

[Lostit]Bazza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info Mike, I will follow your lead and do the same.

Thanks again

8. tags

tags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just to update on the John Lewis price match. They called me back today and told me they wouldn't price match RS as RS do not have it in stock. Even though JL dont either, the price match works like this. You have to buy it first, then if you see it cheaper within 30 days at another store, in stock, within 30 miles, then they will price match. So....i ordered one anyway. They said they called RS and they won't have it in stock for another 2 weeks. When they do, i can call JL and they will refund the difference. I am not that bothered either way as i will be happy with the deal at JL (because of the 5 yr warranty, the RS deal would have been 1349 plus 10% for extended warranty to 3years making rs only 100 or so cheaper). It will be a nice bonus to get the refund though....bonus....more like f@@@in bargain.

Will keep you all posted.

By the way, anybody ever bought from JL and had to use the warranty they got with any A/V stuff. Just wondering wether they responded well.

TIA

tags

9. jdhaliwal

jdhaliwal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have never bought AV stuff from John Lewis (yet...) but their attitude to refunds is the stuff of legend. I took a faulty coffee machine back to the High Wycombe store a few years back expecting to have to wait in line at some customer service desk, fill in some form etc. When I asked the guy on the till for directions he just handed me the cash and that was it!

10. Taz69

Taz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54

I am not sure about the branch near you, but I got Jl at Cribbs in Bristol to price match a Tosh RDXS32 down from £599 to £394 over the phone, the shop they pricematched with is Sound and Vision in Bolton, fair old distance from Bristol, not 30 miles, according to their policy they will price match any UK store, not online.

Taz69