Would this TV Unit be compatiable with my 59" D6900 Plasma

stucarblne

Oregon TV Unit (52 inch) Very.co.uk

I am sure it will but comments says upto 52"

Thanks
Definitely.

The sides of the tv will be slightly over the edges of the cabinet perhaps but it won't matter it will make the display look even bigger i suppose as long as you don't mind the over the edge look. The tv in the image is probably 42"or 46". It looks like it's (the cabinet) is built like a tank by the looks of it... "Looks" being the word though, as it's a beautiful looking bench btw.

This is my older 50" plasma which is sold now, but my new one same size, will be sitting on this same glass stand and it's fine.

ForumRunner_20130402_155732.jpg

So yours will definitely be fine.

Mose

Novice Member
The 59" D6900 isn't really that heavy, some 38Kg I think and I would imagine that it would sit fine on that unit. It looks very solidly built.

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
The 59" D6900 isn't really that heavy, some 38Kg I think and I would imagine that it would sit fine on that unit. It looks very solidly built.
Well Id personally check to be safe myself, also ensuring the thicker glass is at the top(an easy mistake to make:facepalm:).

Mose

Novice Member
Didn't realise there was any glass on it. Thought it was all a solid piece of wooden unit.

serpico77

Distinguished Member
Well Id personally check to be safe myself, also ensuring the thicker glass is at the top(an easy mistake to make:facepalm:).
Doesn't have glass on this tv unit.

I really like the walnut colour and want to order it but my wife thinks the TV will be too low, not sure so may have to find a temporary solution for the time being.

My TV at the moment sits on chest of drawers which is 78cm high.

Last edited:

Mose

Novice Member
One thing I regret is hanging my TV a bit too high am wishing it was a bit lower in all honesty. Will make a point of measuring its mid screen height and let you know, but it does seem a little too high to me.

Mose

Novice Member

ArmitageShanks

I've got mine on an Ikea cabinet that looks less substantial than that unit. The easiest way to test it is to simply stand on the unit and see if there's any creaking or give. If it can support your weight comfortably, it'll definitely support the D6900.

Compared to my previous 28-inch Sony Wega which weighed 55kg, the Samsung is positively lightweight - I think it's something like 30kg without stand, 35kg with stand.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom