1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would this sub be ok in the home enviroment

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by JSW, Jul 18, 2002.

1. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +320
  2. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, you could certainly build a subwoofer with one, but there's no way to predict whether it would be any good or not.

At a glance (which isn't really that reliable a guide), the specs don't look particularly impressive for a 15" woofer (not horrendous either though) - what few specs there actually are of course.

Whether it's worth it would really depend on the price of the woofer - plus what components you used with it (amp, enclosure design/construction etc. The enclosure would probably be fairly sizable though - so make sure you can accomodate it.
    I've seen articles from the US though, where some people have used dual or treble 18" drivers in 30cu ft+ enclosures, driven by 000's of watts of amplifier power - only in the States I suppose. I'm surprised they don't have to register it with the authorities as an infrasonic weapon. :)

There are woofers designed specifically for HC subwoofers which may be more suitable IMO, but whatever floats your boat I suppose