would this cable do for HDMI from a PC ?

paulmcp2403

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/LINDY75.html

would this type of cable do for HDMI from a PC ?

The reason I ask is I need a 7m plus length and dont want to pay a fortune - so it will allow me to transmit hd-windows media clips from my pc to my panny ae700 and 720p

tahnks :O)

paulmcp2403

jeez....no answers ?

Malky1903

paulmcp2403 said:
jeez....no answers ?
I don't know much about those cables but it looks like the one you'd need.

Re the comment above. Remember, these forums are far quieter at the weekend.

paulmcp2403

yeah but there were 27 people viewing - I thought at least someone would know :O(

booohoooo

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello paulmcp2403

Tricky one!!!

You've linked to a DVI to DVI cable - so not in itself any use with an HDMI socket; though you can add adapters to convert DVI to HDMI.

I' m guessing you PC has a DVI Output and your Projector has an HDMI Input - if yes then better to install a DVI to HDMI cable.

7m can be tricky when it comes to DVI signals and I think too the PT-AE700 is not the most forgiving digital input on the market.

Best to ensure what ever cable you purchase can be returned if you run into difficulties.

Best regards

Joe

paulmcp2403

cheers Joe

the panny has a dvi input...I could go dvi to dvi....

i tried dvi to hdmi - rubbish piccy ! not good even tough it was recognised as high def....

would dvi to dvi be safer ???

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello paulmcp2403

That's a pretty unique PT-AE700 you have there :) - most of them have an HDMI Digital Video Input along with an HD15(VGA) socket for Analogue PC connectivity.

As before the HDMI socket is designed for use with Standard and High Definition VIDEO sources - to use your PC as a VIDEO source you need to be able to configure your PC to Output a Video resolution signal that's compatible with the Projector (720P60 or 720P50) being a good starting point.

This will provide decent Video playback of Video files stored on your PC but a pretty poor looking 'Desktop'.

Best regards

Joe

paulmcp2403

sorry Joe I meant an HDMI input...

I have dvi to Hdmi lead....but the quality seems poor....I have had a tweak about with the settings and was wondering if anyone else had tried it ???

Its the old issue -t he pc is in another room and I need ot keep running abck and forth -arrgghhhh !!!! :O)

I have a gforce 6800 card....so it does output high def....but as mentioned before I am concerend that hdmi signal over 20 ft of cable may deteriorate ...and this seems to be the case - the picteu is worse than my ordinary DVD player ....or maybe I dont have my graphics card set properly???

Cheers folks...any more help is appreciated.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello paulmcp2403

To eliminate your 'long' cable you'll need to move the PC and try a short Digital cable to the projector.

Getting a PC looking good as a Video source can be tricky and does seem to require a bit of trial and error.

Have you considered the likes of the V-One SnaZio SZ1350 networked DVD Player - stick one of these on the end of your LAN and you can now stream SD and HD video files into your Projectors 'Component' video inputs as a 720P or 1080i video signal; lots of folk are finding this approach much more workable than using a PC.

See http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259558

Best regards

Joe

paulmcp2403

cheers dude

Trending threads

Top Bottom