Would this be a stupid mistake?

Rick84

Evening all,

Would selling my current AVR (Pioneer sc-lx86) and getting a CA 751r be ridiculously stupid?? My reason for selling it on is I've been very unhappy with the pioneer with music since i got it. With movies it's excellent and i'm very happy with it.

I've read reviews on the CA 751r where its put on the same level as the anthem 700 and arcam.

Sent from my iPhone using AVForums mobile app

sounddog

Not sure it influences you, but there was a v2 of the CA 751r announced at Munich last week.

Rick84

Yeah, i tried to get some prices but know one knew anything? Do you know much about the 751r and if it would be daft move?

Silver Serpent

It wouldn't be a stupid move as you aren't happy with the musicality of the Pioneer.

The Cambridge 51 series is fantastic and flew completely under the radar.

They are currently clearing at bargain prices.

Rick84

Managed to get one at home for side by side comparison. It's much smaller than my Pioneer but my god it packs a wallop.

Rick84

As soon as you turn it on you can hear the difference. My Pioneer now sounds thin and lacks grunt in comparison. The raw power of this thing is obsurd. The Cambridge has a much better grip of my KEFs than the Pioneer ever did. The only thing that niggles at me is that I can't use my SKY remote to control the volume, GRRR!!

Rick84

Do the harmony remotes allow you to fully control SKY?? I just looked but couldn't find my model number on their site?

dante01

Distinguished Member
Yes, they will control any IR controllable device and every single command associated with the original remote can be mimicked.

Which SKY box do you have?

Rick84

God knows lol. How do I find that out? I looked in the setup menu which gave me a model number but no actual name.

sounddog

Do the harmony remotes allow you to fully control SKY?? I just looked but couldn't find my model number on their site?
The Harmony fully controls Sky. What I would say though is to get a Harmony which has the Red, Green, Blue and Yellow buttons - I think all of the current ones do but I have an older Harmony One which doesn't and having them only on the touch screen is a small pain (IMO).

Eloise

sounddog

Which SKY box do you have?
All Sky boxes use on set of remote commands.
All Sky+ and Sky HD boxes use a separate set of commands.

Eloise

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom