Would the Yamaha WXC-50 match with my Beringer active speakers?

StefKnaepkens

Novice Member
Who can advise me if the purchase of the Yamaha WXC-50 would fit my needs?

I own two Beringer studio speakers. I like them a lot and the sound is great for what I want. The speakers are connected to a amateur level 4CH mixing console. My main inputs are from a smart TV, A Cable set-top box (watching Netflix) and a Apple Airport for streaming music. I would like to get rid of the mixing panel, as it takes too much place, collects dust and I don't like to stand up every time to change the volume.

I was thinking to buy the Yamaha WXC-50. It's within my budget, and it offers Airplay and I can connect my set-top box to the optical in and have still an auxiliary input left, while I don't need the Apple Airport anymore, as AirPlay is supported.

My speakers have no Cinch connector, but XLR connectors instead. I saw that converter cables exist from cinch to XLR...

My ideal device also has radio (RDS+ and/or FM) built-in, which is not the case with the Yamaha, but I could play internet radio from my iPhone and stream through Airplay.

If I go Yamaha, I could add also later a WXA-50 to power my passive bookshelf speakers in my home office.

What would you advise? Yamaha or.....

Thanks beforehand for your advice

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom